Fishing in Alaska

chefj

Hello...My DH and I are interested in fishing while in Alaska, May 17-27. We are stopping in Victoria, Ketchikan, Icy Strait and Juneau. Any recommandations on fishing companies in any of these stops? If anyone has a must do in any of these ports that will be helpful as well. Thanks:)

I will be able to tell you more about Halibut fishing in Icy Strait after our visit in August! We're going out with Ora/Alaskan Raven Charters. I'm not a fisherman, but I'm really excited to catch the BIG one! Since you asked for recomendations, here's his contact info: His phone number is: 907-945-3222; when you call if he isn't at that number he gives an alternated cell phone number. His email is: ora@alaskanravencharters.com As I mentioned, I haven't been out with him yet, however from posts I've seen on these message boards, people have been very satisfied with their excursions.

Happy Fishing!

In Juneau I booked my Dad and brother with Alaska Fly n' Fish Charters two summers ago. They flew out of Juneau in a float plane and fly fished for Dolly Varden, trout, and other freshwater species and had a blast. They saw whales, bears, ect while on the trip and it was just the two of them and the pilot/owner, Butch. In Icy Strait they did the Saltwater Salmon and Halibut fishing excursion offered through Royal Caribbean (there were no other tours operational at the time). Again, it was just the two of them and a guide. They caught King Salmon, coho salmon, and halibut and had it all shipped home. Both said the fishing in Alaska was incredible. Hope this helps!

Archived