Soda & water permitted onboard

Skyev21

Is it ok to bring soda and water onboard, in our suitcases?

I heard it's ok, as long as it's a small quantity but what do they consider small? I'm assuming a 12pk of each?

Also, I understand they do permit 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person so can I put both of our bottles (1 for each) in the same suitcase?

Thanks & Bon Voyage!!!:p

Is it ok to bring soda and water onboard, in our suitcases?

I heard it's ok, as long as it's a small quantity but what do they consider small? I'm assuming a 12pk of each?

Also, I understand they do permit 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person so can I put both of our bottles (1 for each) in the same suitcase?

Thanks & Bon Voyage!!!:p

That is reasonable. Have a great cruise

When DH and I went in Jan on the Triumph we got a case of water and a case of soda at a store in Miami...we just put some duct tap around thm to make a handle and put a luggage tag on them and checked them with a porter at the pier and it all arived in our room..and got more in San Juan and just carried it on the ship....no problems at all.

Hi Skyev21,

I was on the Valor in January, out of Miami, and we had a 12 pack of Pepsi each in our carry on luggage, which was not a problem...

With the 18 pack of water, I did the same think as kl25th and put a luggage tag on the water and tape wrapped the same with 3" clear tape, however the luggage porter advised me that they nolonger check water. I even gave him a very generous tip and asked if he would reconsider, and he said the new policy was not to check beverages with luggage. So based on kl25th's experience I guess it may depend on the port.

Irrespective, I just put the water on top of my carry on, which has wheels and there was no problem going through the scanner and regular check in.

:)

Archived