Questions about flying to port

Lil Saints Fan

So my husband and I did not think about this. We usually bring a couple bottles of wine with us to bring to dinner (we pay the corkage fee). We have always drove to the ports so packing it in our luggage was never a problem. This time we are flying to Miami, and was wondering if one is able to pack bottles of wine in there luggage? Is it a problem with crossing state lines with wine? Also, what about liquor? We packaged the alcohol in water bottles, so is it allowed to pack "water bottles" in your luggage when flying? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but we do not know the rules towards flying with wine/liquor? Thanks in advance!

So my husband and I did not think about this. We usually bring a couple bottles of wine with us to bring to dinner (we pay the corkage fee). We have always drove to the ports so packing it in our luggage was never a problem. This time we are flying to Miami, and was wondering if one is able to pack bottles of wine in there luggage? Is it a problem with crossing state lines with wine? Also, what about liquor? We packaged the alcohol in water bottles, so is it allowed to pack "water bottles" in your luggage when flying? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but we do not know the rules towards flying with wine/liquor? Thanks in advance!

There isn't any problem with packing liqours or wines in your checked luggage, but be sure and put it in a zip lock then bubble wrap and pack to the center.......If you're flying in early you may want to just avoid the hassle and take a taxi to the local liqour/wine store......Remember there's quite a hefty fee for going over you weight limit on checked bags and liquids weigh approx 2lbs per liter

Hello fellow Houman!

As okgirl said, I suggest you buy your alcohol after the flight due to the weight limit and the chance that it might break/leak in your luggage.

Well hello neighbor!

So, I see that your into Mardi Gras! My husband and I are too! I ride in Cleopatra and my husband rides in Hercules.

But I have a question for ya....SO if your familiar with New Orleans...would you happen to know of any places in Miami that are similar to Martin's Wine Cellar? We would probably prefer to buy our wine in Miami....since I am a girl and it will be hard to meet the weight limit with just MY STUFF..:p With that being said just wondering if you know such a place there that offers discount wine?

Off the subject...but what did you think about Mardi Gras being early this year?.....Man it felt so rushed...we always had some function or event to attend every weekend...sometime during the week day....thankfully it doesn't fall that way every year! :D

Well hello neighbor!

So, I see that your into Mardi Gras! My husband and I are too! I ride in Cleopatra and my husband rides in Hercules.

But I have a question for ya....SO if your familiar with New Orleans...would you happen to know of any places in Miami that are similar to Martin's Wine Cellar? We would probably prefer to buy our wine in Miami....since I am a girl and it will be hard to meet the weight limit with just MY STUFF..:p With that being said just wondering if you know such a place there that offers discount wine?

Off the subject...but what did you think about Mardi Gras being early this year?.....Man it felt so rushed...we always had some function or event to attend every weekend...sometime during the week day....thankfully it doesn't fall that way every year! :D

Yes, I guess you could say I am into Mardi Gras.:p

I don't have a clue where to get stuff in Miami. Now, New Orleans............:D

MG was sort of rushed but we do MG year-round with my Krewe so it's not all that bad. I have several friends in Cleo/Herc. My wife is in Aphrodite. We have a friend, Shane Z. who is King Hercules this year so I suppose we will be doing a lot with them.;) I don't know if you looked at My MS site yet but there are probably some photos of people you may know.

Archived