Boston Train Station to Port

cruissett

We're planning on sailing on Jewel of the Seas in 2009. How easy would it be if we were to take the train from NYC to Boston and then catch public transportation or taxi to the port. How far is the station to the port?

Thanks for your help

There doesn't seem to be too much information on the Port of Boston on the boards.

The day of the week you're arriving

The time of day you're arriving

The amount of luggage you have

In Boston, the MBTA runs the busses. You could try their site to see if you can find bus schedules...don't know if any would go from South Station to the port.

You would probably be best if you took a taxi, though, I'm not sure how much that would cost, and, time of day/day of the week could have an impact on availability.

Is it much cheaper taking the train???Otherwise I think I'd just fly. Distance from the airport to the port is not very far, in fact, you can almost see the pilots' faces as the airplanes pass over the ship on their way to land!

The day of the week you're arriving

The time of day you're arriving

The amount of luggage you have

In Boston, the MBTA runs the busses. You could try their site to see if you can find bus schedules...don't know if any would go from South Station to the port.

You would probably be best if you took a taxi, though, I'm not sure how much that would cost, and, time of day/day of the week could have an impact on availability.

Is it much cheaper taking the train???Otherwise I think I'd just fly. Distance from the airport to the port is not very far, in fact, you can almost see the pilots' faces as the airplanes pass over the ship on their way to land!

Take Amtrak to the South Street Station stop in Boston and it is then a five or ten minute drive by taxi to the ship. Very doable. If you have the chance splurge on the Acela train..it is a real treat.

Great quick information, thank you.

The cruise we're talking about is the 10 night repro on the Jewel, October 27, 2009 which leaves on a Tuesday. If the train schedule remains as it is now we'd take the early morning Acela train up and be there before noon. If we fly we'd have to go the night before and stay in a hotel. I'm sorry to say, but for same day travel I have more trust in trains then planes. One little spot of fog and delays can last for hours.

Thanks again,

Archived