buying coke in Barcelona

My point in this case was that if you do not drink alot of coke, the cruise line charges only $1.50 per can, without the drink card, compared to the 50 cents on shore. That is where I got the $24 from.The drink card only makes sense if you have 4 or more drinks per day. Otherwise it pays to just pay as you drink.Enjoy your trip. When we went with our kids it was a very special time.

BTW if you are a family of 4 , if you have not already done so , you can look for some private tours. The cost is about the same as the ship excursions (maybe a bit more), but you have much more flexibility. Do not know how old your kids are but ours got bored at some places, like other places better and liked to stop for gellato several times a day. We have done several med cruises, with and without kids. If you want some info, leave a message about how I can get in touch with you.

JB,

I see your point now and I totally agree with you. I have no problem with the kids(daughter 17, son 12) getting a coke at the bar when they are out and about on their own. But as for in the room at night or taking a drink with them for dinner I will bring them on for them !! This is our first time to Europe and are looking forward to it !! We have booked shore excursions through NCL already but thanks for the comment !! I agree with you also about the gellato stops !!!! But now was that for the kids or for us adults !!!! Take care >>

On our last cruise, I was trying to figure out the soda issue also, so I went ahead and purchased the "soda card" because I, too, drink diet drinks. Well, four our family of 4, I bought 2 soda cards for a seven night cruise and at the end of the cruise I was begging everyone to please drink soda's. It seemed the kids wanted those frozen drinks and what they really liked was the lemonade that was FREE. I could have strangled them. (not really) This time, I'm not buying the cards and we'll see what they drink. They better drink the lemonade!!! LOL. BTW, I ended up sending one of my cards to another cruiser who was taking that ship the next month. At least someone could use it.

Archived