8A Cabin on the Triumph

Dee88

A group of us are planning on a trip next year to Canada on the Triumph.

I have been on Carnival twice before, Legend (8I cabin) and Miracle (Cat 11).

We had to a quad room before because we had the kids with us. This time we are going without them :D.

I would like to get a 9A but why spend the extra money. So I was wondering how the 8A cabins are. I have to have a balcony, no question there. But I have always been on the top deck and this deck is lower.

I would like to get some feed back on how this deck and cabin are.

Thanks

Dee88 - Just returned from a Hurricane Jeanne extended trip on the Triumph last week. We had originally booked an oceanview guarantee room, got a 6A upgrade before we left, and arrived at the port to learn that we got the 8A upgrade as well. We spent nine days in cabin 8296. There was just two of us, and it was nice and cozy, but not really too small. Twin beds into the king was required, and that gave us some additional room over the two beds. The bathroom was larger than we expected, and the balcony was awesome. Did not really notice any reduced or enhanced motion of the ship up that high. Would not hesitate again to book the same class room.

Dee88 I was also on Triumph extended cruise due to Hurricane Jeanne. We booked Balcony Gty which is 8A and were upgraded to 8D which was Lido Deck 9230. Cabin was forward and was fantastic. If you booked gty maybe the upgrade fairy will visit you also.

Pawpaw wish you would have responded to roll call other than that one time. Meet some nice cc members on board.

You may want to check out the L-shaped 8A cabins near the aft of the ship! They are fantastic!! We stayed in 6424 on the Victory and our friends were next door in 6432. They have an huge balcony and we had our cabin steward open up the divider between! Lots of room in the cabin and we felt like we were in a suite! We loved them so much we've reserved them again on the Glory for March 2005! I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Have fun!

Laura

Thanks Beerman - since it is a group going, I beleive they put everyone on a Gty and then you go from there. I might try that....however, those L - shaped rooms that Sea-n-Ski mentioned looked reallly nice.

So Sea-N-Ski my question on those are -

Can you hear people going up and down the stairs?

Do you happen to have pix of the lay out? Or can you explain how the room looks when you walk in?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Diane

I would like to know how the "L" shaped rooms are laid out as well. I am booked in one on the Triumph deck 7 this coming February. I turned down an upgrade to keep the bigger balcony, versus moving up one deck to a regular balcony.

~Intrepid <-- 7346 I think... :rolleyes:

Book the 9A if you can. It's worth the extra money. Huge balcony and at the very end of the ship "Aft". You will not be dissapointed. These are so much better than a regular balcony. Good luck have a GREAT CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply!

The staircase is a crew staircase and we never heard any noise from it. We only heard noise from the captains cocktail party which is held in the large lounge on the deck below. It didn't bother us because that was at 5:00pm. (we had the late seating at dinner )

I don't have any digital photos so I'll do my best to describe it! In Cabin 6424, you walk in and down a hallway.There are 4 closets on the right, then the vanity, then the couch w/ table. The room has 2 large windows and the full glass door to the balcony. A queen bed is between the windows with 2 end tables. The bathroom is on the far left wall. There's also a door connecting you to the cabin next door(6432). The one thing I really liked is that you can't see the bed or the bathroom from the hall door.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Dee88 - We spent nine days in cabin 8296. There was just two of us, and it was nice and cozy, but not really too small. Twin beds into the king was required, and that gave us some additional room over the two beds. The bathroom was larger than we expected, and the balcony was awesome.

Question... I'm booked on the Victory in 8A. I assumed the bathrooms had showers only but in some pictures I've seen it looked like there might have been some tubs. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks!

Been in 6210 on Triumph and 6440 on Victory and only had showers. Just fyi the aft balconies (6440) are larger but the room have less storage space. There is a large picture posting of the L-shaped rooms by a lady who signs in as CabinForFour. She helped me a lot when I mistakenly allowed the PVP to book me and my DD in the L-shaped which only has a queen size bed....cannot be two twins. Maybe a search under her name would help.

Actually I did a search under the name Benjamin and found some posts with her pics listed...too many to dig thru, but if you have time you may find a pic of one of those 8A's people talk about being L-shaped.

Hey Laura (sea n ski)

Thanks for the info. I booked cabin 6432 which I believe was the cabin your friends had.

I just have a few more questions for you on this..

Was the cabin bigger (IYO) then the regular 8A cabins?

And it looks like these are double balconies..is this correct?

Thanks again!!!

Diane

Hi Diane!

Congrats on booking that cabin! You will love it!! IMHO they seem larger but Carnival says they aren't. Maybe it's because the bed is a queen and because the layout is different. We had 12 adults in there for happy hour and everyone was comfortable! The balcony is atleast double the size if not more. There were 2 reclining chairs (not full sized lounge chairs, more like lower to the ground sand chairs )and a table out on it.

We also loved the location of this cabin to the Lido deck and Dinner. Just up or down a few flights and you're there!

Have a great cruise and be sure to write a review when you return!

Laura

Hi Laura...

Thanks again for responding. I was in a CAT 11 on the Miracle and the balcony was the same size - it was located in the same spot only on the other side. I loved it and can't wait. It's good hear you had 12 people in there..I think our cabin will be the place to meet since there are couples in our group who will in a oceanview. It has already been implied that they will be "hanging" on our balcony. :D

I still have 11 months before I go but when I return I will definately post a review.

Diane

Archived