Binoculars & motion sickness

2hapas

We got 10x summit and 8x VISTA for our previous trip after reading many reviews. We use 10x when we want to see things in distant and use 8x when we set out for whale watching tour. The best part is that we didn't have to fight over one pair since everyone gets their own. Their summit has a $35 off coupon (code: ZRS) right now. For its superior quality, it is really a good deal. We are considering ordering another pair for my in-laws who are coming with us next year.

My brother just got a pair of vista and everyone likes it. We will get another pair for our parents as well.

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I realized we can only handle 10x. We tried some higher power (16x) one and found we had to push our eyes against the glass to avoid seeing blackout. I cannot hold them steady at 16x either. If you don't have motion sickness, take 10x, otherwise, 7x or 8x will be good.

Unless you have a tripod adapter to stabilize your binoculars, 16x is pretty hard to handle. The viewing angle will be too narrow.

• 1 month later...

Archived