Boston to Barcelona - Happy With Cruiseline's Airfare??

We have signed up for Celebrity's airfare for our September Med cruise beginning in Barcelona...2 of us from Boston and 2 from Miami. I've been reading the horror stories about multiple connections, but also would be worried about booking on my own the way flights have been changing and cancelling recently. Anyone had cruise air to Barcelona and care to share what your flight itenerary was?

Far as I know, most of the cruiseline air arrangements get you there the morning of the cruise.

I much prefer to get to the departure port city at least one day ahead of time.

Go online and run some comparisons. I looked at prices for November, and they seemed to be somewhere in the area of $800 round trip (or $1200 one way--go figure) from DC. There were no direct flights, but several 1 stop.

Going in a day or two early gives you a chance to somewhat recover from jet lag, and to see Barcelona (which we enjoyed).

When we flew Boston-Barcelona for our cruise we went on Air France and had to change in Paris. It wasn't a big deal at all and the nice thing was that we cleared customs in Paris and didn't have to do it again in Spain. We had no delays at all but we also went over a few days early to enjoy Barcelona and all it had to offer.

Archived