Quick Imagination Review 4/21/2008

Bunkie103

Just returned from the 5 day Eastern and we had a ball. Traveled with our DD and two granddaughters (8 and 11). There were 343 children on the ship so it was a different trip then we are used to taking.

Arrived the day before and stayed at Holiday Inn, Port of Miami. Front desk very nicely provided our request of rooms on a high floor overlooking the port and the girls were thrilled to see the ship come into port on Monday morning. Being able to swim on Sunday night in the Holiday Inn pool was also a treat because they live in Boston.

Embarcation was painless, or so we thought and we were on the ship by 12:30 only to find the deli and pizza were not opening until 1pm. Kind of silly in my opinion because the masses decimated the salad bar while waiting for the deli and pizza to open.:confused: I found out later, by way of a "not so nice' letter from the Purser that the person who checked us in forgot to save our information, so it was back to the Purser so they could scan my charge card again. Not a big deal, but I wasn't thrilled with the way it was presented to me.

The ship is BEAUTIFUL:D. Looks almost new. The hallways have graphics between the rooms, the doors are new and now your sail and sign is also your room key.:D Bathrooms are lovely, TVs are great. We had adjoining rooms (206 and 210) and you CANNOT reconfigure the beds. They are twins, but we were fine with that.

First time we made use of the Medical Services because my DGD had an accident of HMC. She fell and hit her head on the slide and put a nice 1 inch gash just below her eyebrow. Everyone was fantastic, from the lifeguard who carried her to the First Aid Station to the nurse who, after conferring with the Doctor, Dermabonded her laceration. Couldn't say enough nice things about him. ( I am also a nurse.)

Food was great as usual. I noticed a few new items on the menu and tried them....all were good. Drinks remain very reasonable in price IMHO compared to restaurants we patronize at home. We took a chance and bought some liquor, bubble-wrapped it and I am happy :D to report it made the trip without a problem.

Disembarcation continues to be disorganized, but it is mainly the fault of the passengers, not Carnival. Several times it was halted because Customs was looking for a passenger:rolleyes:.

All in all, it was a great trip. Things that amazed me were packs of young (10-12) year olds roaming the ship at all hours after midnight:confused:, but they didn't seem to cause any problem.

When I asked my DGD their favorite part they said "all of it" but they also fell in love with the warm chocolate melting cake.

As an afterthought let me add the Serenity Deck is heavenly and chair-hogs were noticable absent on this cruise. The chairs were always occupied, so you can't complain about that!

It's always nice to hear great things about the ship you're about to embark! Will you share what you did in Grand Turk and Nassau? I'm still wavering. Weather good? Did you go in the water in Nassau, I'm a little concerned that it will be too cold.

It's always nice to hear great things about the ship you're about to embark! Will you share what you did in Grand Turk and Nassau? I'm still wavering. Weather good? Did you go in the water in Nassau, I'm a little concerned that it will be too cold.

I just got off the Imagination on 4/26. In the Grand Turk we did the bus loop tour. It was good. It was 95 out they said it was is not usually that hot.

In Nassau we did a glass bottom boat. I would not recommend it. We did take a water Taxi to Paradise Island and went to Atlantis for a few hours. Weather about 82 degrees

Have a great time

PS Half Moon Cay Beach day only. The nicest place on Earth!!!!!!

Hi.

Thanks for the review.

I just wanted to clarify the bed situation in connecting cabins. You cannot move them together to make a queen? From the pictures I saw of the connecting cabin rooms, the beds were next to each other - separated by a small night stand (or something along those lines). Is that not movable, which prevents moving the beds together?

Also, were you able to keep the door between cabins open all the time?

Thanks

Clarifying the bed situation, in our cabin you could not move the beds together or you would not be able to open the door. There are two small movable tables in the room so that each bed has a nightstand, but with the bed by the window if you use it, you can't open the door. Yes, you are able to keep the door open all the time.

In Nassau we did Blackbeard's Deluxe and it was a rather nice day. The girls enjoyed it and were amazed by the stingrays. The water was cool, but I wouldn't say cold. In Grand Turk we did a beach day and some shopping.

I had planned to attend the meet and greet, but late sail-away made it impossible.

Archived