Sailing the Fascination out of Jacksonville- I have a few questions

kindercruiser

Hi! I'm new to this board. :) I just put down a deposit on the Feb.12, 2009 sailing of the Fascination out of Jacksonville, Florida. I'd like to arrive the night before and use the Carnival Cruise transfers. My question is has anyone stayed at the Clarion which is on site at the JAX airport? If so, where did you go to pick up the transfer to the hotel? Thanks so much!:) If there's anything you can tell me about arriving the night before and managing the transfers I would be very grateful.

We stayed at the Clarion two years ago before our Celebration cruise and used their "park and cruise" package, which included free shuttle to the ship and then back to the hotel postcruise. On the way back to the hotel, the shuttle also dropped some cruisers at the airport. You may want to check on this - then, you won't need to purchase transfers from Carnival - http://www.jaxclarion.com/ - click on packages and then scroll down to "park and fly." I know this is not an answer to what you asked, but I hope it may help you.

KroozFoolz, where did you go at the JAX airport to pick up the transfer to the Clarion? Was it outside of the baggage claim area? I've never been to this airport. Thanks again!:)

We drove to Jacksonville, stayed at the Clarion, and left our car parked at the hotel. The Clarion website states you need to call to book the package, so you might call and ask where you get the shuttle to the Clarion from the airport. We were very pleased with our accommodations at the hotel and with the free shuttle service. I was even able to use the computer in the business center to get my Cruise Critic fix before we left on the cruise. :D

You will exit from the plane on the second level of the terminal. Follow the signs to baggage claim which is on the lower or first level. If you have baggage collect it then head out the door, cross over the traffic lanes to the island, before you get to the parking garage, you can catch the hotel shuttle right there. Look for the signs.

I do not know how often it runs so if you wait more than 15 minutes go back inside and to the right of the escalator is a hotel call box, use it to let them know you are waiting.

Have fun on your cruise and let us know how you like the Fascination.

Archived