Coco Cay ???? Newbie asks help!

I am semi-handicapped in that I cannot walk for more than 200 feet without severe pain in my lower back and I cannot stand in one place for more than 5 minutes without the same problem, therefore, I use a light-weight, folding wheelchair. I can get on to, off of, in to and out of anything.

1. Are there paved walkways to the sites and

areas of the island... don't think the

old wheelchair will be sand friendly in

regards to being pushed through sand.

2. What do you do with your belongings while

you are in the water or on shore

excursions such as snorkling or parasailing?

3. Are there lockers available? How much do

they cost? Does each person need

their own locker or are they family size?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Taking daughter to Bahamas as college graduation present. Only 3 nights on Sovereign of the Seas.

nitl My Sovereign Of The Seas Cruise to the Baham

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;04;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

msStatendam,Alaska,8/2003

On coco cay they have these huge wheelchair s that are made for the sand they look like loads of fun... Not sur eif you have to pay or reserve them in advance i would call rccl and make sure you will have use of them when you are on cococay they have really big wheels on them and are colorfull and looked easy to push.. hope this helps. And yes they do have trails that you can navigate but we saw a middle age women on one of the wheelchairs and it went right out to the water with it she lookedto be having a blast with her family...

Those beach wheelchairs that they have will float in the water. You can push them right out into the water. There is no charge for them and you cannot reserve them in advance. They have quite a few so I wouldn't worry about not being able to get one of them. I don't remember any lockers, it looked like most folks were just leaving their stuff in their chair. The only think you need at Coco Cay is your SeaPass and maybe a few dollars cash for the souvenier huts (they don't take seapass or credit), and of course sun screen, etc. I really don't think there would be much you would need that anyone would be interested in stealing.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas 10/03

Is there anything else to do that day besides sunbathe? I have a friend going with me that does not like the beach and sun (if you can imagine).

"Mother Ocean -I have heard you call"

Paradise -"99"

Triumph -"01"

Majesty of Seas -"02"

Majesty of Seas -"02"

There is snorkeling, parasailing, wave runners, and sailboats. The island also is full of paths so a nice stroll around the island is wonderful. The place is absolutely beautiful and I've would love a cruise that would just anchor off Coco Cay for a few days, absolutely beautiful!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas 10/03

Archived