Mercury FV 8253 Photos, Dinner Menus

Calif. Cruisers

We recently returned from the Pacific Northwest itinerary and had cabin 8253 , a FV inside cabin. Here are several photos. I was somewhat disappointed to find that the 'living room' bed did not open up to a Queen size, as I had seen posted in other photos from similar FV cabins. The two lower 'couch' beds were very uncomfortable, in our opinion. They are not regular mattresses. The other 'real' bed, in the other room, was very comfortable and easily accommodated our 6'3" son (when we let him have it for a few nights) and both my husband and myself (we are both tall.) I had worried about it feeling too small from the previous photos I have seen. I would consider it more of a queen than a double.

The cabin had great storage. The refrigerator was not very cold though- and we didn't trust it to keep some of the items we brought cold, so abandoned it shortly into the cruise (I don't think the door seals well because it is attached to the cabinet door.)

The room steward never made the living room beds back into couches during the day (however, some of this could be due to the fact that my son spent a lot of time in the cabin so he may have felt he didn't want to spend a lot of time in the cabin beyond the basic cleaning.)

We enjoyed the cabin anyway. It was nice to close off the back room and have 2 spaces. It was great for my son who liked to sleep in later than us. We could get up and out of the cabin without waking him.

We booked a fourth person who was unable to make it at the last minute. Didn't have any problem booking this cabin with just four people.

I have copies of the dinner menus from this cruise but haven't had a chance to scan them. I will see if I can get them scanned and post them.

IMG_7873.jpg.eb2abdadb36edb4b31037c78b8bde10e.jpg

IMG_7872.jpg.cf0101bde222345f666734edd9fe8987.jpg

IMG_7871.jpg.055d615a7e0e958c7f9108d5e325e985.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg.c007226360d393b93da6693ac8a031f1.jpg

IMG_7866.jpg.f5dcb8a30e7c51b932bad28f5121afaf.jpg

We recently returned from the Pacific Northwest itinerary and had cabin 8253 , a FV inside cabin. Here are several photos. I was somewhat disappointed to find that the 'living room' bed did not open up to a Queen size, as I had seen posted in other photos from similar FV cabins. The two lower 'couch' beds were very uncomfortable, in our opinion. They are not regular mattresses. The other 'real' bed, in the other room, was very comfortable and easily accommodated our 6'3" son (when we let him have it for a few nights) and both my husband and myself (we are both tall.) I had worried about it feeling too small from the previous photos I have seen. I would consider it more of a queen than a double.

The cabin had great storage. The refrigerator was not very cold though- and we didn't trust it to keep some of the items we brought cold, so abandoned it shortly into the cruise (I don't think the door seals well because it is attached to the cabinet door.)

The room steward never made the living room beds back into couches during the day (however, some of this could be due to the fact that my son spent a lot of time in the cabin so he may have felt he didn't want to spend a lot of time in the cabin beyond the basic cleaning.)

We enjoyed the cabin anyway. It was nice to close off the back room and have 2 spaces. It was great for my son who liked to sleep in later than us. We could get up and out of the cabin without waking him.

We booked a fourth person who was unable to make it at the last minute. Didn't have any problem booking this cabin with just four people.

I have copies of the dinner menus from this cruise but haven't had a chance to scan them. I will see if I can get them scanned and post them.

Thanks for your input - Would love to see the menus once you get them scanned (Thanks! :) )

Calif Cruiser,

nice photos. Yes these type of cabins are not well known. I have added your photos to the list of cabin pictures that I have compiled (there are 2 other inside FVs aboard Galaxy listed):

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/cabinpix.html

Calif Cruiser--really helpful descriptions and photos.

Mahdnc--Great photos too. We will be cruising on Mercury in October and will be in cabin 8230, so the pictures were a big help. Did the regular bed area against the wall feel closed in to some degree.

Thanks, Dor

No, we found the bed to be very comfortable. I was afraid that we would feel 'closed in' but it didn't feel that way at all to us. I guess if someone got out of bed a lot at night and they were on the far side of the bed, they would have to crawl over the other person- but that wasn't a problem for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived