Zuiderdam-Embarkation in Venice

Rebecca33

I was wondering how this will work. We embark on July 7th, and the ship is in the port until the evening of the 8th.

My question is, once we go through the process of getting on the ship are we able to get off again that day.

We were planning to get settled on the ship then head out again...is that possible on embarkation day....

Of course you will be able to get off the ship. We are on the August 24 cruise and are planning to leave the ship (after lunch at the Lido of course) and spend most of the day and evening exploring Venice.

Hi Rebecca. My name is Rebecca too and I am on the same July 7th cruise. You are going to love Venice!

Hi there, I saw that you were on the cruise from another board yesterday. I have been to Venice before and I do love it. Cant wait to see it as we sail away though...

We are there for a full day before embarkation. My question may have seemed crazy to some, (of course you can get off..lol) But I wasnt sure how easy it would be with all the confusion that day... lol...

Anyway, thanks for the post. Actually my name is Wendy.. Nickname is Becky. (for some reason) ....hence the Rebecca33

Take care.

We are flying to Venice via Amsterdam and don't arrive till 4.30 p.m. I've a feeling that by the time we get settled aboard ship, we won't feel like going out.

Are you on the July 07 as well...:) . I notice that you are from Scotland.. I live in Edinburgh....

Are you on the July 07 as well...:) . I notice that you are from Scotland.. I live in Edinburgh....

Yes, we're actually doing 24 nights and ending in Barcelona. We're flying to Schipol from Aberdeen to avoid Heathrow. All the way from sunny Fraserburgh.

I departed from Venice on my transatlantic on another cruise line. Since sailaway is close to 5pm, watch for the sun on the gold rooftops and domes. My cruise was in October so I actually got sunset off the gold, SPECTACULAR. My guess is that HAL will have a shuttle that runs back and forth from the ship to probably St. Mark's Square. This is usually an inexpensive way to get to the starting point for many adventures. They will also have shore excursions that you can sign up for on the day you arrive and the next day up until time of departure. Enjoy Venice, it's one of my favorites.

Yes, we're actually doing 24 nights and ending in Barcelona. We're flying to Schipol from Aberdeen to avoid Heathrow. All the way from sunny Fraserburgh.

Wow that will be a great trip. I just got back from Barcelona on Sunday. It is one of the cleanest and most beautiful cities I have seen..Even the Famous Las Ramblas. The port seems really convenient as well.

I must agree to avoid Heathrow..lol....We do it as much as possible too.. Even more now with Terminal 5... We have been delayed there the last 3 times we flew....

We are flying into Milan 3 days prior to the cruise direct from Edinburgh and taking the train the day before to Venice.

Take Care....W

Someone later in this thread was assuming that HAL would provide a shuttle to St. Mark's Square. On our last trip we had about a 1 block walk to the water bus (very cheap) but no shuttle was provided. Of course there are a couple of docks to choose from so that will determine how far the transportation to St. Mark's is. The water bus took us just about 1 block from the center of the square -- very handy.

My favorite story re. St. Mark's is -- we were walking in the square and husband decided to go to Am. Express for some cash. I didn't want to walk so just found a wonderful table in front of a restaurant (about 10 am) with tablecloth, string music, etc. and had a Coke. Sat there "people watching" for a least an hour but cost of coke was $18.00!! I enjoyed "every penny" and may do it again -- we are on the June 13/14 Venice to Barcelona trip and can hardly wait!!

Oh my goodness, we are on the same cruise but our tickets show that the Cruise is in Venice port Thursday May 8th and leaves at 4:00 pm May 9th am I missing something are we suppose to be on board on the 7th?

Archived