Autumn Crossing Weather

ISLAND DIVA

We are looking at booking the Oct.23/08 Autumn Odyssey on the Zuiderdam.It sets sail from Venice and is 17 days docking in Ft.Lauderdale on Nov 9/08.What would the weather be like in the ports and the crossing on the Atlantic.Would it be warm enough to be out on deck and swim in the outside pools .Is it worth having a balcony?

Weather and sea state always a gamble.

We did a Nov 95 Lisbon/Fort Lauderdale on Maasdam. Smooth & pleasant to the Azores, fairly rough West of the Azores for a couple of days, but it did smooth out.

During a storm the ship took on water through the hawsepipe (anchor chainway), and several cabins, including ours, on Main Deck forward were flooded. Luckily, the ship was not full, and we were relocated.

We had a great time - the flooding and subsequent move just a speed bump in the trip.

I did almost exactly the same sailing but on another cruise line. While weather and sea conditions vary greatly (even during the course of the 17 day cruise) the days were mild enough in the Italian, Spanish and Portuguese ports to allow short sleeves in the afternoons and a light jacket in the mornings. I used the inside and outdoor pools during the cruise but the pool decks were pretty chilly in the eveing. The best advice I got prior to this cruise was: Half the luggage, twice the money AND pack the most comfortable walking shoes you own. Have a super cruise.

Archived