Did Anyone Go On The Pacific Dawn Xmas Cruise Last Year.

prong

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect on the pacific dawn Christmas cruise. We are taking our 10 year old twin girls and would like to know if there is a Christmas atmosphere and do they decorate the ship. also the girls would like to know if Santa will find us in the middle of the south pacific. :rolleyes:

A very good friend of mine & fellow CCer, Toatsed2 went on the Dawn Christmas cruise. Unfortunately she doesn't post anymore but I can say that yes, they do decorate the ship and the kids receive a present (I think every child gets the same thing though...will check on that when I see her next). She thought it lacked the Christmas atmosphere a bit but that was basically because everyone was relaxed and when you're at home at Christmas time it's the opposite with so much to do. I am a very "Christmassy" person and she suggested that I never do a Christmas cruise as I would probably be disappointed. Others on here (Tiegee & Pink Poodle) have done Christmas cruises and loved it. I guess it all depends on what you normally do at Christmas. The people I know that have done Christmas cruises (my sister best friend did one a few years ago), did so because of family issues re Christmas & thought they would get away from it all. Fortunately I don't have those issues and LOVE Christmas with my family and my DH's family.

Archived