Thoughts for a nonformal person

bwjm

Ok knowing that you'll be with 30 other people, I take back what I said, and I'll probably take a beating for it...

In your case I think it's more important that you be dressed on the same level of formality as the people you will be with since you'll be such a large group. So if the group in general is not doing to whole LBD thing, then you could wear one of the dresses you posted. But if everyone else will be following the suggested dress code for formal night and dressing in formal wear, then you may feel/appear out of place in the dresses you posted. I get that you are not one to dress up, so you have to just decide what would make you more uncomfortable-dressing up for one night, or missing out on what could be a fun night with 30 family members.

On a side note, I do like the white one a lot:)

Well, DH agreed to tux, DD wants to see me dressed up, so I went and found a gown I liked on ebay, won it, so I guess I'm doing it!!! Does this look better than other two?

Also, what works best for a strapless/backless bra then?:eek:

front.jpg.fa053d079ddece44707a158be39044cc.jpg

back.jpg.913684391e3b674603e5d306462dc5b9.jpg

I am so glad you decided to do it!! The dress is beautiful and you will have a fabulous time. I promise you will not regret it.

The have some great backless/strapless convertible bras out there. There was a thread about it not too long ago. You might look back a couple of pagesl. I personally have had good luck with Victoria's Secret styles. Good luck and have a wonderful trip with DD and family!!;)

Well, DH agreed to tux, DD wants to see me dressed up, so I went and found a gown I liked on ebay, won it, so I guess I'm doing it!!! Does this look better than other two?

Also, what works best for a strapless/backless bra then?:eek:

Whoa Nellie!!!

You sure are going to surprise a few around here...but in the end it was your decision.:)

A strapless/backless bra doesn't leave much, only the cups.:D

If you're not too well-endowed and not too saggy, there are strapless/backless bras that stick on along the sides. Various places have them, even WalMart.

Well, iheartbda-, buckeye7, Jungle Jane, and happysinglemom -

I took all you guys said and figured what the heck, ya only live once, right? Figure it'll be worth it in the end, and will have a nice family pic (one of a kind here!) of me, DH and DD all gussied up!:cool: woohoo!

Also, saw the shoes you put on iheartbda (and you havne't said in PA where you're from - me below Williamsport), and, well, I'll break my ankles! I have weak ones, so it's gotta be flats, but I do otherwise like the shoes. I figure shoes aren't too important, as my feet will mostly be covered. I don't MIND dressing up, just DON'T get a chance to do it, and thought I'd cut loose on this trip.

Looking into those cup thingy's, I'm a little saggy from the mom part, but am still only a B cup. They sure aren't perky like they were way back when:rolleyes: !

Do you guys give lessons on how to put them on?? LOL... Going to have to do a print out to get myself dressed to get to dinner! Glad that it'll be on one of our sea days so I can get myself into all this! Guess I may as well go all out and do my hair? If I still remember, haven't done my hair since.. early 1990's?:eek:

bwjm

South central Pa. near Harrisburg. Skied a number of times up your way, Denton Hill near Galeton, Wellsboro. My college roommate lives in Lock Haven.

Back to THE DRESS. You're going to look great and I'm sure you'll cherish a family picture with everyone dressed up.:) When I see DH in a tux, I'd marry him all over again.;)

I don't think you have to worry about shoes too much. There are all kinds of flats out there right now, ballet type and metallic strappy.

These might be fun from Kohl's.

309563_Gold?wid=230&hei=230&op_sharpen=1337229_Silver?wid=230&hei=230&op_sharpen=1

We don't have a Kohls yes, they're building us one, now, though! So, we're keeping up. I will keep you posted on shoes! Feel free to email me to chat, too, at bwatls at live dot com!;)

Also, I'm the 1/2 way point of you and your gf! Where I-80 and I-180 meet is where I'm at, pretty much, so I'm an hour from both of ya!

Oh yeah, that big 220 job up by her house with the road all tore up? Ask her not to hit any of those barrels! Those are mine:D . Putting out the 'safety' part of highway construction is waht I do, not the actual construction part, but it's hard to explain sometimes. Tell her the job is done next year!

Also, I know the Harrisburg area pretty well.. I used to work at Poly Clinic! Small world, :eek: huh? Yeah, that was a heck of a commute! But, what I wanted to learn with on the job training wasn't offered up here, and gas back then was, what, $1.25/gal? Couldn't do it now days!

So, hope to chat with you more one day, and will keep you posted on shoes and bra decisions! Figured since I found a dress I actually like (A LOT) and was 'my color' I'd go for it, put the bid on ebay and won. Where else is a girl like me going to wear it?!?! And yes, DH eyes did light up when he saw it, giggle! Only, what, 280 days?!?! I can't wait!!!!

No Kohls? Check Target and even Walmart if you don't want to put any money into a pair of shoes. Hey, I have an $8 pair of shoes from Walmart that I wear with a $186 dress.:D

DH knows all about roads, he used to work for PENNDOT.

The stick on bra...here's what I do. Bend over with bra positioned, aim the girls in, pull the bra close and stick the sides. It can be repositioned if it doesn't seem right when you stand up. You might have to try a couple of times.

Not that this has anything to do with cruising, but bwjm...I am just down the road from you!! I hate not having Kohl's, Target, etc...in the area, though some are coming soon, just not soon enough. I am just across the river on Rt 54. There are 100 of us going on the Spirit in June. Can't wait.:)

Yes, when I saw the Danville in there, I wondered if it was the one down the road! So, I'm in the BIG town of Turbotville/Watsontown! Somebody that knows where I'm at!:D

We have a group of 30 doing a princess cruise. First time for most!

Glad to meet a local!

Well, DH agreed to tux, DD wants to see me dressed up, so I went and found a gown I liked on ebay, won it, so I guess I'm doing it!!!

Congratulations on deciding to do this!

Just have fun with your family, and enjoy it.

Also, take lots and lots of pictures. You only have to buy the ones that you love, so the more you take the better chance you all get a great shot.

(nothing worse than running in and taking one or two pictures, then finding out later that one person had their eyes closed in one, and someone else blinked in another:o).

To me they are the best souvenirs of the cruise. Take lots and just get the best ones.

Then you can always change later in the evening and have some beers on the balcony!

Again, it looks great, your DH will love you in it; and just relax, enjoy, and have fun.:D

I bought a VS stick on bra for a few low back dresses I had and just loved it. It feels quite secure. It was so expensive and I remember thinking at the time that I could not beleive I was paying this much for a bra. Then I lost some weight and now I am a B rather than a C. I cant beleive I have to spend this much money again even though it is worth it when you feel both secure and comfortable all evening. I have only worn it twice and I have wondered how long the "sticky" lasts.

I bought a VS stick on bra for a few low back dresses I had and just loved it. It feels quite secure. It was so expensive and I remember thinking at the time that I could not beleive I was paying this much for a bra. Then I lost some weight and now I am a B rather than a C. I cant beleive I have to spend this much money again even though it is worth it when you feel both secure and comfortable all evening. I have only worn it twice and I have wondered how long the "sticky" lasts.

Smooth .. I am so happy to hear you say that because I looked at the prices and said .. hmmmmm what if it doesn't work!!! I KNOW you would know about that for some of your dance costumes .. Thanks

And to OP .. that gown is lovely !!

Archived