Zipline in OSJ or St. Maarten?

We'll be on EOS in June, and are trying to decide whether to do the Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure Tour in St. Maarten or The Original Canopy Tour in Old San Juan. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I don't know about OSJ, but the one in St. Maarten is primarily an obstacle course with a few zips thrown in. It is a workout, and some physical fitness is definitely recommended. We had a blast, but it is not for everyone. ;)

Sounds like fun, but a little more work than I had in mind! And we were also considering the America's Cup excursion in St. Maarten, that a lot of people rave about, so your answer just made that decision easier...thanks! Anyone out there do the zipline in OSJ?

I have only heard good things about the loerie farms zip lining...but that being said, I changed my mind about doing it after reading about that woman dying while zip lining and the regulations(or lack of them outside the USA). Accidents happen all the time, but I am not signing up for one. I will just have to not ever experienced that.... now watch, I will be eaten by a shark while snorkeling....LOL!

I have only heard good things about the loerie farms zip lining...but that being said, I changed my mind about doing it after reading about that woman dying while zip lining and the regulations(or lack of them outside the USA). Accidents happen all the time, but I am not signing up for one. I will just have to not ever experienced that.... now watch, I will be eaten by a shark while snorkeling....LOL!

But, you could be killed driving to the grocery store - in fact, that is far more likely.;) I don't like to be IN the water myself - I'll stay on top thank you very much. People have died snorkeling, kayaking, horseback riding, parasailing, riding in a bus, etc, etc. I guess you have to weigh experiencing a once in a lifetime thing, with your own degree of comfort. The zips in St. Maarten are not far off the ground at all, but it is a very physical excursion. My kids loved it, and so did DH and I.:)

I have done America's Cup, and while fun, I have a 'been there, done that' attitude about it. You can have a job or not, but it is more fun with a job (which can also be a work out).

I also thought twice about ziplining, since hearing about the woman who died. But, I do agree that the odds are worse, just driving your car, and hopefully since that tragic incident, they've tightened up the safety regulations. BTW, dirtgirl...did anyone get seasick on the America's Cup?

Also, still waiting to hear from someone who has done the zipline in Puerto Rico.

Thanks!

I also thought twice about ziplining, since hearing about the woman who died. But, I do agree that the odds are worse, just driving your car, and hopefully since that tragic incident, they've tightened up the safety regulations. BTW, dirtgirl...did anyone get seasick on the America's Cup?

Also, still waiting to hear from someone who has done the zipline in Puerto Rico.

Thanks!

No one was sick on our excursion, but it really wasn't that rough or windy that day.

I have done the ship zipline excursion in PV. It was a lot of fun. The scariest part was the drive there and back in the back of an open truck. You get filthy with the dust, too. Other than that, I recommend it. Others say a private excursion with Los Veranos (sp?) is great as well. The van is enclosed, at least.

Thanks for the info. We've been in St. Maarten and Puerto Rico before, and just walked around the towns. This time I thought it would be fun to do something a little more memorable! (But hopefully "memorable" in a good way!)

We did the zipline in St. Maarten last year and will be doing it again next week when we are there on the Adventure of The Seas. You won't be disappointed it is alot of fun. We leave for San Juan in 4 days YAHOOO!!!

Sealeggs

Lucky you, sealeggs! Can't wait for my cruise in June. I have never ziplined before, so it won't take much for me to chicken out! I was thinking we would do the America's Cup in St. Maarten which would leave San Juan for ziplining.

The Lotterie Farms zipline does require some physical fitness, but my 13-year old thought it was the highlight of her cruise, and my husband enjoyed it as well. They did, however, express mild disappointment that there were not loooooong zips thru the trees as they had envisioned. Still, they had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat.

We tried to get in on the zip-line at Loterie Farms, however they are tottaly booked. I tried both the RC excursion and with a private tour and our cruise is not until mid July.

Archived