Bringing Cake Onto Ship?

So we are getting married in a port through a local wedding coordinator - not organized by the ship. The port is a US port (Juneau). The package we are looking at comes with a little wedding cake for us to bring back on the ship and enjoy, but I do not know if we are allowed to bring non-prepackaged food on the ship. By the way it is Royal Caribbean.

Anyone know the answer or know how I can find the answer?

So we are getting married in a port through a local wedding coordinator - not organized by the ship. The port is a US port (Juneau). The package we are looking at comes with a little wedding cake for us to bring back on the ship and enjoy, but I do not know if we are allowed to bring non-prepackaged food on the ship. By the way it is Royal Caribbean.

Per customs you are not supposed to...but it seems like it depends on the secruity personnel for the ship. Some people can get away with it. I'd say try it and see. The worse thing that could happen is they tell you NO and you pitch it in the nearest trash can.

Since Alaska is a US state, I don't think you should have any problem bringing a cake onto the ship... just as long as you don't take it off with you when the cruise is over....when the customs people are there..

Seems it would be like bringing a cake across state lines... not illegal

Yes, you will be able to bring the rest of your cake onto the ship with you. I am 100% certain of this. You will not be able to take it off the ship at any point, but absolutely you can bring it aboard!

I know this is a little bit unrelated, but you for sure are not allowed to bring on your own wedding cake for an onboard ceremony/reception. I was really sad about that, because my Aunt was always supposed to make my wedding cake. We ended up having her cake the night before at a "rehearsal" dinner, and then we used the RC cake for the reception. We were told it was a customs thing, but more than likely I'm sure they just wanted us to buy theirs.

I got a whole fermented watermelon on bard - right thru security scanners. no one batted an eye.....

Fermentation aside, I was getting on at a US port. I am sure that this makes all the difference.

I'va also walked on with a dozen roses in hand (in a vase) no problem.

Archived