F3 ships will not have main dining rooms ?

I've always thought they look like a lot of fun, but the closest we've gotten to the concept is Ohana at Disneyworld (where it's polynesian, but the same concept of the servers bringing meat on skewers to the tables - please correct me if I'm mistaken).

So... if they can have a Brazilian steakhouse... when can we expect dim sum on sea days? Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase? :p

The meat is on spits, about three feet long, and the server carves off slices onto your plate. Still not sure where they find those three-foot long chickens, though.

Hopefully somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been thinking that the F3 ships will have the much larger Americanized version of what Aida has been doing on their ships for some time now (at least in the dining aspect).

Also, I'm expecting most of the actual restaurants (excluding the action station restaurant) will be much smaller than the average cruise ship specialty restaurant. I imagine Genesis' specialty restaurants to be of similar scale and intimacy.

I spoke to a corporate executive in charge of the fleet's restaurant operations on board the Gem transatlantic last week. He stated two steak houses on the F-3's. One Brazilian and one American. 16 restaurants in total.

There was a thread last year about what NCL's next specialty restaurant could be, I mentioned Brazilian Steakhouse and someone else posted that this would never happen. I think this would be an awesome addition to any cruise ship, and I imagine very popular.

The one that we go to here has a fresh appetizer bar with pasta salads, fresh vegetables, cold seafood, cheeses etc.., the Gauchos roam the dining room with 10-12 different meats (beef, lamb, chicken, ribs, sausage etc..) and pineapple rolled in brown sugar and cinnamon, and grilled, oh it is sooo good.

MAC

Archived