Multi port help!

I am cruising on chartered business cruise in July and only just recvd the ships port tour excursions. I am feeling overwhelmed :eek: and need help from you experienced cruisers. Here is my port itinerary: Taormiona 10:30-last tender 8, Valetta 7am-2pm, Dubrovnik 2:30pm-midnight, Naples 7-4pm and Livorno 8:30-7pm. It is my hubby and my first weeklong trip w/o kids in 15yrs...:D so looking very foward to it. Want to see alot but we enjoy just sitting at cafes and would rather get private tours than big bus tours. Any suggestions would be great!

Taormiona 10:30-last tender 8, Haven't been here so ???

Valetta 7am-2pm can't help you with this one either

Dubrovnik 2:30pm-midnight take the ships shuttle to old town...walk the wall, walk the town, have coffee in an outdoor cafe & people watch.

Naples 7-4pm APTours for private tour. Do Pompeii and Amalfi coast !!

Livorno 8:30-7pm. - Either head into Florence and wander (very walkable area) or tour of Tuscany countryside (Lucca or San Giamigno)

It has been a few years since I have been to Valetta but it is definitely one of those places that has lots of open squares and cafes that you can just sit down and relax. Not sure where the ship docks/anchors but you probably won't have to take any tours but just walk around and see the sights.

Although some of the countryside is beautiful, In Dubrovnik all you need to do is take a shuttle or taxi to the old town and walk along the wall. It is really interesting and there are lots of places to sit and relax. I will be there again in august and that is what cruise critic members recommend and what I plan to do.

JG

I am cruising on chartered business cruise in July and only just recvd the ships port tour excursions. I am feeling overwhelmed :eek: and need help from you experienced cruisers. Here is my port itinerary: Taormiona 10:30-last tender 8, Valetta 7am-2pm, Dubrovnik 2:30pm-midnight, Naples 7-4pm and Livorno 8:30-7pm. It is my hubby and my first weeklong trip w/o kids in 15yrs...:D so looking very foward to it. Want to see alot but we enjoy just sitting at cafes and would rather get private tours than big bus tours. Any suggestions would be great!

Taormina take the ship`s shuttle or taxi up to the very pretty town (20 mins) and walk the main street. There is a roman amphitheatre worth seeing. Plenty of cafes and shops selling momentos. It`s nice. :cool:

Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas. For those who did the tours in Naples with the stop from 7-4 do I have enough time for the Amalfi coast?

We also used Romeinlimo in Naples, doing Pompeii and the Amalfi coast. 9 hours was plenty of time, including a stop for a leisurely lunch and time to stroll around Positano. Carlo suggested a stop at a perfume factory, but that didn't really interest anyone in our group so we skipped it.

Hi 1happyfam! We cruised this past november and used Romeinlimo for Naples, Florence/Pisa (Livorno) and Rome. It was our first trip without kids in years too and although we wanted to see as much as we could we didn't want to be overwhelmed. RomeinLimo was great, they would do as much or as little as you wanted. We did a leisurely day in Florence, a little sightseeing, shopping and a long wonderful lunch! In Rome we wanted to see as much as we could, so that was a much busier day. Naples, we saw Pompeii which was spectacular, wandered around Positano, then another long leisurely lunch in Sorrento. The great thing about RomeinLimo is they'll do whatever you want to do. As we were driving up the Amalfi coast from Naples, they would pull over anywhere we wanted for pictures, gelatto .... They made for very relaxing, yet informative, days. I would highly recommend using them over the ships larger tours.

Hi 1happyfam! We cruised this past november and used Romeinlimo for Naples, Florence/Pisa (Livorno) and Rome. It was our first trip without kids in years too and although we wanted to see as much as we could we didn't want to be overwhelmed. RomeinLimo was great, they would do as much or as little as you wanted. We did a leisurely day in Florence, a little sightseeing, shopping and a long wonderful lunch! In Rome we wanted to see as much as we could, so that was a much busier day. Naples, we saw Pompeii which was spectacular, wandered around Positano, then another long leisurely lunch in Sorrento. The great thing about RomeinLimo is they'll do whatever you want to do. As we were driving up the Amalfi coast from Naples, they would pull over anywhere we wanted for pictures, gelatto .... They made for very relaxing, yet informative, days. I would highly recommend using them over the ships larger tours.

romeinlimo sounds great, would oyu have the e-mail? I've heard there is alot of traffic in July on the drive, but I suppose the driver will make sure we get back in time.

The website is RomeInLimo.com. You won't be disappointed booking with them. I'm sure they will have you back to port in plenty of time. They know all the shortcuts, and when to avoid the busy summer traffic. When we were heading to Florence we got caught up in the morning traffic. Our driver Ricardo asked if we wanted to wait in the traffic or take the back roads through the countryside, which of course we did. It was absolutely beautiful!

The website is RomeInLimo.com. You won't be disappointed booking with them. I'm sure they will have you back to port in plenty of time. They know all the shortcuts, and when to avoid the busy summer traffic. When we were heading to Florence we got caught up in the morning traffic. Our driver Ricardo asked if we wanted to wait in the traffic or take the back roads through the countryside, which of course we did. It was absolutely beautiful!

Thank you so much for the email. I'm goin gcrazy planning all these ports, so it helps soooo much to get specific advice form everyone!

Taormiona 10:30-last tender 8, Haven't been here so ???

Valetta 7am-2pm can't help you with this one either

Dubrovnik 2:30pm-midnight take the ships shuttle to old town...walk the wall, walk the town, have coffee in an outdoor cafe & people watch.

Naples 7-4pm APTours for private tour. Do Pompeii and Amalfi coast !!

Livorno 8:30-7pm. - Either head into Florence and wander (very walkable area) or tour of Tuscany countryside (Lucca or San Giamigno)

MAYBE U MEANT SAN GIMIGNANO???

For Livorno - there's lots of info on CC about Florence, Pisa also Lucca...you can check Tripadvisor also and other websites, documentaries etc...It really is going to depend on what you are interested in...But if I were looking for a taste of Tuscany and skipping Florence (or most of) I'd choose San Gimignano (more typical hilltop Medieval town) over Lucca (walled 'city').

Many go to the Cinque Terre from Livorno - long ride, lovely little towns but VERY crowded during the summer...well much of Italy is!

Just don't try to cram too much in)

Archived