Buying Wine before cruise.

Rocco2007

Hi.

My family and I will take on mid june a cruise with Costa Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean, but before the cruise we'll visit Scotland so maybe we'd like to buy 1 or 2 bottles of whisky, but my question is What happen when we board the cruise with our bottles? Is it allowed to take them onboard (not to drink them onboard)? (notifying it at the port)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

=o)

Hi.

My family and I will take on mid june a cruise with Costa Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean, but before the cruise we'll visit Scotland so maybe we'd like to buy 1 or 2 bottles of whisky, but my question is What happen when we board the cruise with our bottles? Is it allowed to take them onboard (not to drink them onboard)? (notifying it at the port)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

=o)

You will not find much Scotish wine!

Costa clearly states in its terms and condition that any alcohol taken on board will taken from the passenger and returned when the cruise is over.

On the other hand, if you do not declare at boarding time, the chances are very good that nothing will be said or done. So you can have a small tipple at night.

Have a great cruise.

Ron

A bottle or two if done discretely and packed in your luggage will probably not attract any attention, anything purchased ashore excluding wine will be marked and delivered to your cabin the evening prior to departure, you can also purchase from the duty free store and take possession that evening. There are some who transfer liquor to Coke or Pepsi bottles, but that can backfire if they open it, it then will be confiscated and disposed.

any wine purchased ashore and taken to the dining rooms will be assesed corkeage fee

Archived