Car rental at Honolulu

rearadmiral

I am flying in to HNL and crusing a few days later. Any one know which car rental companies offer shuttles to the port from either the airport or an intown location. Alternatively do any car rental companies other than Enterprise operate a "port" facility?

We rented in Honolulu pre cruise last summer. Went with Thrifty. Their site is not on the airport proper- they shuttle you to get the car. We went with Thrifty because they will drop you off at the pier when returning your car. So- having to go off airport property to get the car was well worth the shuttle to the pier upon turn in for us.

If you go with Thrifty- make sure you join the "Bluechip club"- didn't matter in Honolulu as much as it did in the other islands- blueschip generally have their own line- which is shorter than the regular lines.

-JC in CA

we rented from hertz.

the shuttle picked us up at the cruise terminal and we went to the location on ala moana blvd i believe, it closed early , so we had to return at the airport, and then they gave us 20$ credit back on our rental for a cab.

a cab took us back to the pier, it was easy and a smooth way to do it .

hertz was very good.

Thanks Melika & JC,

When I finalized my arrangements with my TA last week I found out I have pp'd transfer from the airport to my hotel and then 3 days later to the pier. There is a Hertz in my hotel and as a Gold Club member I need not look futher for a car.

JC - I assume you rented from Thrifty in the othere islands. My plan is to "self tour" at the islands with a rental car. I assume Thrifty has a location close to the ports with some type of shuttle service??

Archived