Freeport suggestions please......

luvmygirlz

Can anyone suggest some things to do in Freeport? We are a family of four - myself, husband, and two daughters (10 and 13).

Are there any good day pass resorts. Someone told me to check out Flamingo Resort and Marina (or something similar to this)?

What about Junkanoo Beach?

Thanks!

Michell

check out the port of calls board for this port-

There are some ideas there--

I didnt like freeport that much- found shopping to be quite expensive compared to home.

Just returned from the Bahamas on the Sensation last week we did the sea safari snorkle. had a very good time there is a rock climbing wall, and a 75ft water slide for after snorkling the boys loved it. I enjoyed the snorkling, it was like being in an aquarium. My husband loved the beer. A good time was had by all

Last year we were on the Sensation and cruised to Freeport. We did the jeep tour. We had a ball. There are 4 people to a jeep. We saw alot, learned alot. It was the best tour. Here is how our tour went.

We left the ship at about 7:50am. Got off and someone told us where to meet for this excursion. We waited around until about 8:20am. Then we boarded a bus to take us to where we would get our jeeps. The man who was head of our tour was named Sam. It took about 20 minutes to get to the jeeps. I would say about 10 jeeps were lined up waiting. As soon as we got off the bus we picked out a jeep to drive. We picked a yellow one to drive. The 3 of us occupied one jeep. We each brought a bookbag with us. Too much stuff. Not a lot of room in the jeep for all of this stuff. They gave each jeep 4 water bottles to drink that were cold. We were about the 7th vehicle back. We followed in a line. Sam was in the first jeep. We all had walkie talkies that Sam would communicate with us. Sam took us all over the island. A camera man was riding with Sam. He did a lot of filming to the point that when we got back from that excursion they played it on the TV’s on the ship. Also you can buy the DVD that they made of this excursion for $24.99

We went off the road for a bumpy dusty ride. We stopped in what looked like a forest to see a cave or a big hole in the ground. We went to a beach and had lunch. Lunch could have been better. It was only conch fritters, corn bread and a salad. Salad dressing was warm. Yuck! I did not eat it. The drink was some type of fruit punch. Now that tasted good. We were at the beach for about 1 ½ hours. Then we left there and got back to the ship at about 2:15pm. It was a fun day. It was hot. Also at the end of this excursion you have dust all over you. Your hair feels awlful with sand in it. Use plenty of sun block and wear sneakers. I would recommend this excursion. We had a ball.

Thanks!

Michell

NO!!!!!!

Don't pay $200 for your family of four to do what amounts to transportation to a very average beach with a below average lunch included. If you want to go to the beach, get in a cab and go to Our Lucaya beach. There are threads on the ports of call boards about this.

Unfortunately, we did Junkanoo Beach Party. I thought there would be music. There was a boombox connected to a bad speaker system. They charge extra for everything. After that excursion, I vowed never to do any cruiseline's excursion again unless there was no choice or a time problem.

Can anyone suggest some things to do in Freeport? We are a family of four - myself, husband, and two daughters (10 and 13).

Are there any good day pass resorts. Someone told me to check out Flamingo Resort and Marina (or something similar to this)?

Thanks!

Michell

Last year, we took the shuttle from the cruise ship over to Lucaya ($5 per person each way). We did a tour on a semi-submersible. Very enjoyable. You go down a flight of stairs and sit on a long bench with glass windows all around. Pretty cool looking at all the fish. You can even snorkle from the boat. I don't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't terribly expensive. Good way to spend a couple of hours. We didn't especially care for Freeport all that much.

I did the same Jeep excursion as Golf43, booked through Carnival. It was pretty good, sounds like they made a lot of the same stops- the cave, the beach for lunch (my SO wasn't impressed with the lunch either but I loved the conch fritters!), we also stopped at a bridge and a dolphin park (didn't actually go in the dolphin area, but you can see them from the road). It was a good way to see the island and we also learned a lot about the history and culture of the Bahamas from the tour guide.

Archived