Excursion availability in Saint John?

Sorry. I originally posted this in the wrong section.

How hard is it to get into independent excursions like bike rental or reversing falls thrill ride if it is done at the time of arrival or within a few days of arrival? We are not sure what we want to do in Saint John in July. Due to weather concerns, we don't want to book a 4 hour bike rental to find we will be riding in the rain. When a boat of 3200 people comes into town does everything get booked up prettry far in advance?

Sorry. I originally posted this in the wrong section.

How hard is it to get into independent excursions like bike rental or reversing falls thrill ride if it is done at the time of arrival or within a few days of arrival? We are not sure what we want to do in Saint John in July. Due to weather concerns, we don't want to book a 4 hour bike rental to find we will be riding in the rain. When a boat of 3200 people comes into town does everything get booked up prettry far in advance?

If you try www.jetboatrides.com you could contact the operators directly and get an answer to your question. I see by their website that they also rent bicycles. With regard to the rain, I can see where you would not enjoy the biking but during the jet boat ride you are going to get soaked anyway so it really wouldn't matter if it were raining. They do provide you with rain slickers for the ride.

If you try www.cruisesaintjohn.com and check the drop down box under "Media" you will find a cruise schedule and that will tell you if other ships will be in the harbour the same day as your visit.

I agree on checking to see if any other ships will be in. In June, we'll be there on Grandeur (2,000 passengers) and Victory will be in, too (3,200 passengers) ... I called a couple of excursion companies, and they're already booked. I think we've decided just to go it on our own, but if you're relly interested in an excursion and there are a couple of ships in port that day, it's probably worth booking now.

I agree on checking to see if any other ships will be in. In June, we'll be there on Grandeur (2,000 passengers) and Victory will be in, too (3,200 passengers) ... I called a couple of excursion companies, and they're already booked. I think we've decided just to go it on our own, but if you're relly interested in an excursion and there are a couple of ships in port that day, it's probably worth booking now.

Regarding the thrill ride, I wouldn't wait. I'd book ASAP. I was told by a local tour operator who we are considering using that the jet boat ride reserves a good amount of spots for the cruise ship tours. And they can only operate at low tide every day. She advised me to book immediately if we wanted to do the thrill ride and we arent' going until September.

Archived