Has anyone recently purchased "gifts" through HAL's website?

ellbelle

Hello,

I have been attempting to purchase wine cards online for our upcoming cruise but have been unsuccessful. Our last cruise I was able to do it easily. I went to "booked guests" then "onboard gifts", there it shows the gift selections with pictures above and a brief description below. I remember clicking on the picture and was able to get the selections within that category, but the last several times I have tried, I do not get the second screen. Maybe HAL is "upgrading" that part?

All is not lost obviously if I can't, I just wanted to order them now so I could get them paid right away. I like ordering online, so I have a receipt, but will fax them the form to them if necessary.

Thanks!

Cheryl

I was able to place an order just yesterday. It is goofy though in that it doesn't recognize you as the traveler and you have to have an entirely separate login setup to access and order online gifts.

I absolutely LOATHE, DESPISE, AND DETEST HAL's new bug-riddled website, that sometimes works and mostly doesn't, and is S....L....O....W as molasses.

There, did I adequately describe how I feel about their website?:eek:

Now, in an attempt to be useful to ellbelle, the OP of this thread, I would recommend that you call Ship's Services at 1-800-541-1576, and place your gift order with them. Ask them to email you a receipt of your purchases. Good luck!

I absolutely LOATHE, DESPISE, AND DETEST HAL's new bug-riddled website, that sometimes works and mostly doesn't, and is S....L....O....W as molasses.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!

WEIRD-I was able to log in and order from home. My home computer takes me to the web-site that you have to put in your region, but my work computer takes me the home page. The difference at work is that there is no "order gifts" button at the bottom of the page. Problem solved for me at least, but is does not make sense.. Thanks to all of you.

Cheryl

There, did I adequately describe how I feel about their website?:eek:

Now, in an attempt to be useful to ellbelle, the OP of this thread, I would recommend that you call Ship's Services at 1-800-541-1576, and place your gift order with them. Ask them to email you a receipt of your purchases. Good luck!

I agree with you on this!! Last week I attempted for over a hour to use the website to purchase OBC for my upcoming cruise. Now I was able to log on, but I kept getting a date error.

I just call ship services and got it taken care of in less than 10 minutes.

I guess I just use the phone for any additional gifts that I make for my cruise.

Happy sailing!!!

I ordered from gift services too but never received an email confirming. Just wrote to see what's up. Took a long time to figure it out so I'm hoping all is confirmed. Glad to know it's not just me!

Archived