Star was almost 2 hrs. late disembarking

buckspc

on May 11th, I had 12:30 flight on Alaska, was supposed to be off the ship at 8am, got off at 9:30, went out and through customs in a snap, got the ships bus to SEA, was there in 15 minutes, checked in and at the gate with 2 hrs to spare, no problems, they had a ballgame also and didn't have any effect. They have a real good system, but it broke down because the ship was not cleared for an almost 2 hrs. People with self-disembarkation were jamed in the halls and stairs, it was a zoo until they let them get off and then things got better, We did have a seat in the Vista Lounge but it was hot and stuffy, could not stay in the room as the steward wanted to start cleaning, Patters says no one in the stateroom after 8:30am. One thing about Alaska check-in, right off the bus they have the bag and check-in so you don't have to go to the terminal which is nice, just check your bag right off the bus and walk up to the terminal with your boarding pass in hand. No bags to hassle with. Some of the other airlines inside the terminal were lined up and packed, I remember seeing United and American with real long lines. I think Cont. was also at the Alaska check in tent. Buck

at least we did on Princess Star, I am sure you can on NCL also, we debated about a cab or ship transfers, went with the ships and it worked out just fine even being 2 hrs late getting off we made our 12;30 flight with 2 hrs. to spare, no problem, Buck

Archived