Pied Piper's Post Thanksgiving Cruise - Rcci's Serenade Of The Seas

Host Tyler

After far too long of an absence from the world of cruising, we're back! Our schedules have finally settled down enough that we're able to book a cruise!

We booked today on Pied Piper's Post Thanksgiving Cruise, aboard RCCI's Serenade Of The Seas (11/29/08 - 12/06/08), leaving from San Juan.

We sailed with Pied Piper last, on their 2006 Post Thanksgiving Cruise aboard RCCI's Radiance Of The Seas. We had such an awesome time, and met such a great and diverse group of men and women (over 600), we couldn't resist booking, since our schedules are finally in sync.

The itinerary is one of our favorites, Southern Caribbean. Anyone else booked yet?

Hi Guys....you're right Agenda...it is like a family reunion. Hope you're able to join.

Premiumrican, I know you'll have a blast. Pied Piper plans events throughout the cruise. Where's everyone from? We're from Kansas City.

Hi Tyler & Paul!

Dennis & Richard from Atlanta

Neil & Paul from Toronto

Kyle & Adam from Denver

Chris, also from Denver

We're all booked for the cruise and have airline tix for Friday pre-cruise.

We're all getting together here in Atlanta mid-September for a pre-cruise, post-summer long weekend!

Dennis

Greetings..

We are flying in on Friday also from Atlanta and staying at the Sheraton and bringing our best friends, a nice straight couple, that we had told about and they decided to go with us for their honeymoon! Yana said when she booked with Pied Piper, they thought she was a man, so she explained she was a womyn...lol..she thought it was funny..she had a deep voice..but a real girl!

In the small world department, I think I saw a Xmas card to my roommate Mike from Richard and Dennis on their last cruise with Pied Piper..I wonder if we all on the same flight to San Juan from Atlanta..that should be fun..

So we have..

Roy and Marty..

Yana and Jon..the newlyweds..

Atlanta..Ga

Hey Roy & Marty,

Wonderful that you're honeymooning friends will be joining. What an awesome way to honeymoon!

Previous years we've booked this cruise with a group of friends, but they aren't able to join this year.

We're Flying from Kansas City to Dallas, then to San Juan.

Anyone else staying at The Sheraton?

:) Hi everybody!

We are also booked with Pied Piper for the post-Thanksgiving cruise. This is our second cruise - went on RCI last Christmas and had a fantastic time. We have friends who have done this particular cruise several times and loved it.

Any ideas on shore excursions? We love hiking and snorkeling.

We fly in Saturday afternoon from Newark - staying at the Marriott.

Christina and Mary

Hey Christina & Mary,

We've done the Post Thanksgiving cruise several times....and it's always a great group.

Just curious, you're flying in Saturday and staying at the Marriott? The cruise departs Saturday, so are you flying in the Saturday prior to the cruise?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Larry!

It will be interesting to see how big the group is this year. Last year there were over 900. Typically, their cruises that depart from a domestic ports are lager than those that depart from a forgein port.

Has everyone bought air yet? We booked our air prior to all the price increases.

Tyler

Greetings...

We had booked our round trip from Atlanta non stop...and we were pleased with 340..then this morning I had checked and it was 282..

Delta is really trying hard to keep us flying..

See you soon..

Roy

We booked our air prior to all the price increases.

So did we, and were happy with the price... then our non-stop flight from Newark to San Juan was canceled and replaced with a one-stop in Miami leaving at the crack of dawn, and if we were to cancel and rebook, we'd have to spend a lot more.

C'est la vie. The airlines are hurting, I can't fault them for doing what they have to.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked ours a few months ago too before the prices went up. We had a non-stop from Dulles but they changed the Itinerary with a stop in Miami. The airlines are trying to survive.

Lenny

Well, just checked with American Airlines and guess it could be worse. We booked our reservation prior to the baggage change, so our first one is free, then the second is $25.00. I'd like to think that this would change taking as many clothes....but in reality, I doubt it. :rolleyes:

Afterall....we'll have to take a second bag for our formal wear!:D BTW, that remark isn't intended to spur remarks regarding the pros and cons of "dressing" for dinner. ;)

Hi Tyler,

Well I hope you remember me, I believe that I cruised with you and your partner on the then Radisson Voyager, If I remember well I think Your partner adjusted my bathing suit for me............

I am thinking of booking this cruise and look forward to see you both again.

I will let you know how I make out, I have some Vacation issues at work. But knowing the two of you will be on board has given me more incentive to try to make it. I will keep you posted.

Senior Froggy.

Oh Senior Froggy! How could I ever forget you! How have you been? Are you still enjoying the moon?

It's awesome that you could join the cruise. I know Paul will be thrilled. He has all sorts of new antics!

Hi Tyler & Paul,

Well I will be very prepared this time, and will have a few antics up my sleeve, I have been thinking of them ever since our last cruise, so I look forward to hopefully seeing you guys if things hopefully work out with my vacation schedule, I should know in a week or two. I can't wait......... will be lots of fun.......

Captain Froggy

Hey Captain....if you'll email me, I'll give you our cabin #, then you and Paul can catch up on all the antics. He has a few new ones up his sleeve as well....infact, he does a perfect imitation of you (respectfully).

You were such a joy on the Voyager cruise, let's make sure that we're at the same table and you and Paul are next to one another.

Hi Tyler & Paul,

Actually I was thinking of asking you if i could sit at your table, since I will be traveling alone, that would be great. I will tell Derek when I book to seat me with you and Paul, thanks so much. You know to be honest I was very bitter for a long time about what happened and did not even know if I would go on this cruise when I saw that you would be there, but since you have been so nice and gracious to invite me to your table, I think I can enjoy myslef and have a good time, it will be great to have someone to hang out with around the pool during the day, if I remember correctly we did have alot of laughs. Tell me are your freinds from New York coming along, they were alot of fun, and there was another couple nice guys I do not remember where the lived though.

Thanks again I look forward to seeing you both on the cruise.

Captain Froggy

Hi Tyler,

I forgot to give you my email address, it is "senorfrogy@aol.com" Please email me with your cabin #, hopefully if I get the ok to take off that week I will try to get something close by. I should know something this week.

Thanks again

Captain Froggy

Hi Froggy! Awesome, when you book, Derek has our cabin number naturally and I'll let him know that you'll be contacting him and it's okay to give you our cabin number. Actually, there's an adjoining suite next to ours, so perhaps you'd want to book that one, so that Paul can pop over and help you adjust your trunks.

Now tell work (can't believe you're still working thought you would have been retired WAY before now), that you won't take no for an answer and that you want that week off.

Our friends from NY, unfortunately won't be able to join us. They're taking a cruise over the holiday with that other pesky couple you mention, from Florida. Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful guys, but wearing matching Mu-Mu's to formal night, well....come on....pahleeze! Coming to the costume party as Carmen Miranda and Ethyl Merman was enough, didn't you think?

I'm emailing Derek right now to tell him to reserve you a spot at our table!:D :D :D

Archived