Flowrider etc.

I'm thinking of booking a cruise with RCCL and was wondering if the flowrider, climbing wall and skating rink are all things they charge extra for or not? I Just got off a Carnival ship and got a bit sick of how they nickel and dimed you for everything and was wondering if RCCL is any different.

All the activities you mentioned are free of charge and REALLY FUN!!

just curious, which carnival ship were you on? and what did they nickel and dime you on??

I was on the Victory and what did they nickel and dime me on? about everything. I know drinks aren't included, but just about everything was some sort of surcharge. For example, pictures, I didn't want an 8 X 10 but you had to buy one of those at $21.95 in order to get anything of a different size. If you did the water balloon thing, it was a charge. I just got sick of all that.

Well same with RCI. The pictures are 19.95 for the large size and if you want the smaller size you have to purchase the large one and then you can make smaller copies...no savings there! The table pictures and port pictures are always smaller and I think they are 9.95 but always the formals and inform ones with the white background are 19.95 each.

As far as the rock climbing and everything else...FREE. Now they do offer private flowrider time with only you and your group for extra money. That is available to you, or you just get there as early as you can and wait on the line and just enjoy the time watching others as you get back on line and wait. WE loved the flowrider on LOS and spent every minute avail on the line for it, both boggie boarding and we tried the stand up one twice. But I was content to wait on the lines and never did the private time...did not want to spend the extra money.

There is free ice cream and then there is ben and jerrys for a charge.

There is free coffee and then there is a charge for the specialty coffees.

There is free dining in the dining rooms or buffer, or specialty restaurants for a charge. There is always free water from the bars with ice, or bottled water you pay for. There is always free iced tea and juice and lemonade and punch...or you can pay for a soda card. There are choices.

Archived