Legend vs Victory - movement concern

I have sailed on the Victory and Triumph - both were great! Hardly any movement. I worry a bit about motion sickness and have not had any problems with these ships. However, I just booked on the Legend and have been told it is a smaller ship.

For anyone that has traveled on both - is there a big difference in motion?

TIA

I have sailed on the Victory and Triumph - both were great! Hardly any movement. I worry a bit about motion sickness and have not had any problems with these ships. However, I just booked on the Legend and have been told it is a smaller ship.

For anyone that has traveled on both - is there a big difference in motion?

TIA

You obviously weren't on the Triumph this past month. Although our weather was beautiful during the entire 7 days (Eastern Caribbean), mother nature was huffing & puffing all week and in the winds on the high seas were fierce!! We were rocking & listing like crazy!

The captain even announced that they would be changing course to help stabilize the ship.

Actually - I was on the Triumph April 19 - 26. We had a couple days of

movement - one day in particular when you walked down the hall in a diagonal path rather than straight. That was tolerable for me - but on a smaller ship I wonder if it would take the waves as well as the Triumph did.

Actually - I was on the Triumph April 19 - 26. We had a couple days of

movement - one day in particular when you walked down the hall in a diagonal path rather than straight. That was tolerable for me - but on a smaller ship I wonder if it would take the waves as well as the Triumph did.

Hey, I was on Freedom that week - that last sea day was rocking and rolling.

Hey, I was on Freedom that week - that last sea day was rocking and rolling.

It was great cruising with you..... We were two ports together and took turns leading and following back to Miami - we kept checking on that night out of Grand Turk - we could see your ship at different locations from us.

At one point your captian must have put it into over drive, you were way back for a while - then you were next door.

So did you have a good cruise? Did you also go to San Juan?

It was great cruising with you..... We were two ports together and took turns leading and following back to Miami - we kept checking on that night out of Grand Turk - we could see your ship at different locations from us.

At one point your captian must have put it into over drive, you were way back for a while - then you were next door.

So did you have a good cruise? Did you also go to San Juan?

Yea, we noticed that too and wondered what was going on, lol. Our balcony cabin was starboard side so we had a good view of you all day. I think I took more pictures of your ship than of ours. :eek:

We had a great cruise! We went to San Juan on Wednesday, 7 - 3:30, the day after St. Thomas. (That is why you beat us to Grand Turk.:D ) Our first stop was Half Moon Cay on Sunday.

We have cruised on Legend (getting back on topic ;) ) and didn't notice more motion than on Victory or Freedom. I know size is supposed to be a factor but perhaps the sea conditions and use/non-use of the stabilizers play a larger role. :confused:

I have sailed the Triumph, Victory and the Legend. I have never noticed any difference in the movement. I am very prone to motion sickness and I take a Bonine in the am and one in the pm....have NEVER had the slightest problem with sickness, even in rough seas.

I always book a midship room on a lower level deck...that helps a LOT.

Good luck...the Legend is a wonderful ship.

Thanks Buster! Good to hear. I am prone to motion sickness as well - although I seem to be getting much better in my old age.. :p

Krooz - Thanks for the photos will check out when I get home, yes I'm chatting on work time and your album is "forbidden' on my work computer.... I wasn't sure about Half Moon - that's why I choose the Triumph over Freedom - but I like a day in btw ports and you did the ports back to back. But on the Legend next Feb - I will be doing ports back to back. I like the idea of having a day btw to chill - coz port days are so busy.... but I'm really looking forward to it. Hope your Nov cruise is awesome!

Archived