Favorite Tampa Hotel

FunShipAddict

We stayed two days at the Embassy Suites Westshore in Jan. We liked the free drinks at the managers reception and the made to order breakfrast. Across the street is a mall with a fantastic Italian restaurant. If we do another cruise from here we would have no problem staying at this hotel.

Booked The Intercontinal For June Cruise. Glad To Hear It Was Good. Is The Mall Really Just Across The Street. As It Is Our 44 Anniversary We Will Be Looking For A Good Meal Too.

Hi! I live in the Tampa area and yes the mall is LITERALLY right across the street. It is called Westshore plaza and the Italian restaurant (Maggiano's) really is great but does get quite busy on Friday and Saturday nights! There are also some other great restaurants around the mall area as well! The Intercontinental is a great hotel! Hope this helped.

I live outside Tampa too.

I echo the Marriott Waterside or the Embassy Suites Downtown. They're both on the trolley route which goes straight to the port. You can get a taxi from the airport to one of these hotels, hop on the trolley and go to Channelside for dinner, bowling, clubs. You can take the trolley the next day to go to the ship.

Booked The Intercontinal For June Cruise. Glad To Hear It Was Good. Is The Mall Really Just Across The Street. As It Is Our 44 Anniversary We Will Be Looking For A Good Meal Too.

to read my post from last week?...regarding our similar, and quite confusing screen names?..please do..thank you..LUCKYCRUZER..over 2,000 posts, and just home today from winning the draw for a free cruise..thank you, HOW "lucky" is that???

We loved sailing out of Tampa last July. We arrived the day before and stayed at the Tampa Mariott Waterside which is located on one of the waterways. ( We got a really good week-end rate using AAA. ) It is a beautiful hotel, and we were more than pleased with our choice. After checking in at the Mariott, we boarded the trolley which has a turning station right in front of the hotel. We rode it into Ybor City, and then continued on the route until we arrived at Channelside where the cruise terminal is. While there, we visited the Florida State Aquarium, ate at one on the restaurants (on the water) and familiarized ourselves with the terminal area for the next morning. There are bars, shops, plenty of restaurants, and even a movie theater. After we finished exploring that evening, we hopped on the trolley and headed back to the Marriott. Once we returned to our room, we enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching all of the marina activity that night. It was a wonderful way to begin our vacation! When we woke up the next morning, we went out on our balcony and looked to the left, and there was The Legend docked on the same waterway that our hotel was! It was an awesome sight. I took my mom (she was 81 at the time), and we felt just as safe as we could be!

Archived