Literary tour in Colombia?

bellagirl

Hi- We're interested in doing a literary tour in Cartagena with Mr. Emerald(?). Has anyone done this before-we are esp. interested in touring Gabriel Garcia *****'s house.

Thanks to all who answer. Shelly:)

Actually, I was just talking via e-mail to leland(mr.emerald) and he has tentatively put together a tour for my hubby and I for cartagena. If anyone would like more information on this tour, just shout out and I would be more than happy to give details.

We are sailing on the Equinox on Mar.8/2010. For those who are fans of Gabriel Garcia ***** or those who are just mildly interested, the tour sounds fascinating.

All the best, Shelly

Hi- The timing of this is really good since I heard again from Lee last night concerning this tour. I asked him tons of questions about Gabriel Garcia ***** and how often he frequents Cartagena.

His reply to me was that GGM's house is completely surrounded by a wall and not particularly interesting to look at, but that it will be included in the tour. As well, Lee is going to find a number of nooks and crannies in the Old City that either were(or might have been) the inspiration and/or backdrop of the events in GGM's novels. He says there are a number of these places throughout the city such as the old Clarissan nunnery in which a part of "Love and Other Demons" is set.

If you're a fan of GGM as I am,this is what one wants to see!!

Lee has been extremely informative in answering ALL of my questions and I hope I have answered yours. If you are interested in joining our tour(right now,it's just my husband and I),you'd be more than welcome!!

Take good care, Shelly

Archived