Newbie question about missed ports

glo1

We are going on the 3 night cruise on the Magesty of the Seas on Oct 21st. It is still up in the air about whether Cocoa Cay will be open. I really do not care either way. I just want sun, relaxation and fun. Someone here at work though said that if they do not go to Cocoa Cay they will compensate somehow, with things like a shipboard credit, or a percentage off your next cruise. Is that true? I wouldn't mind it being true, since I have a 7 night Western Carribean on the Navigator for next Aug. booked for our family. Just curious, cuz either way we are doing both and having a great time :)

TIA :)

Perhaps if they know ahead of time that they may miss the port, they may do something. And they did for the hurricane cruises. Last December our cruise missed two ports because of weather, and they did nothing. Four days in a row at sea in bad weather and people were revolting! It's the first time we've had bad weather, but now I'll be holding my breath this year.

Reports from recent cruisers say that Cocoa Cay is still closed, but that could change by the time you cruise. Sometimes you get port charges refunded if you miss a port, but since it's their private island, I'm not sure that would apply. I doubt that they would go so far as to give you a percentage off your next cruise if you missed this stop. That and the shipboard credit were used basically for those sailing during the recent hurricanes where cruises were shortened/lengthened and ports missed.

Archived