Baby sitting available?

clopaw

We are booked on the Rotterdam Panama Canal partial transit in December. My husband and I would like to take the domed railway tour. Our problem is that my husband is visually impaired and uses a guide dog. At this point, we are not sure whether the dog will be allowed into Panama. We have been working on it, and don't yet have a definitive answer. It occurred to me that if baby sitting is available, perhaps we could hire some one to sit with the dog when we got off ship. Since the dog is always with my husband, he is not used to being alone. Of course, we would explain to whoever we set it up with that we need a dog lover. He is quiet and extremely well behaved as you would expect from a guide dog. He would probably be fine in the cabin by himself, but we hate to leave him alone for that long.

On our last cruise, the dog was not allowed off the ship in Barbados or St Kitts and the Celebrity accommodations officer was nice enough to dogsit. This was the second time we had sailed with her, and we really appreciated her offer. I don't want to assume that the HAL accommodations officer would necessarily have either the time or the inclination to dog sit.

What do you think about hiring a sitter?

If you take me with you I would be more than happy to stay on the ship with your dog. :)

Seriously, I hope you will find someone to sit with your dog.

Archived