Carnival Air

YooperGale

Hello,

I would appreciate hearing the pros and cons of using Carnival to book air.

Our cruise leaves Los Angeles and goes to Miami (via the Panama Canal).

Does Carnival tend to use a certain airlines?

Do they always have you fly the day your cruise leaves?

If there is a problem with the flight, does CArnival take responsibility for

getting you to the ship?

How long in advance do you get your flight arrangements?

Anything else you can think of?

Thanks

Gale

We decided not to do it for two reasons: it came in on the same day, which meant a red eye flight for us, and it cost 1200 dollars for the two of us, whereas our flight only cost us 470 for the both of us.

If you read the contract, they are not in any way responsible for flight problems. Not to say they won't help, but they are not required to. We are doing our 2nd transatlantic and we paid less than 1/2 for our combined flights than Carnival wanted for 1. Don't forget, they make money selling you the flight as well as the cruise.

If you read the contract, they are not in any way responsible for flight problems. Not to say they won't help, but they are not required to. We are doing our 2nd transatlantic and we paid less than 1/2 for our combined flights than Carnival wanted for 1. Don't forget, they make money selling you the flight as well as the cruise.

Hello,

getting you to the ship?

Thanks

Gale

Gale I avoid using Carnival air and book flights seperately if possible. Through Carnival the flights are always more expensive, never offer non-stop flights, you arrive or depart at later times, and sometimes the ship can't leave until we board. At least my experience through carnival air hasn't been as good as choosing our own flights.:)

Hello,

getting you to the ship?

Thanks

Gale

Gail - the thing with booking your own flights is you have control. I agree with all the other posts, they are more expensive and you never really know when or how your flying.

We always booked our own and always went down the day before. Fortunately now we don't have to worry about it because we live in Ga and if we cruise out of FL it's only 7 hour drive to the ports.

We live in Wa state so we have a long flight. I have booked thru carnival and by ourselves. I have not had trouble with either and carnival has always flown us in the day before and put us up in a nice hotel. This time i checked flights and they were very expensive 5 months out so i let carnival do the flights this time. We fly in on the 27 and leave the 28 of june.

Hi,

Is there a place where I can read the contract before I actually book the air?

Thanks,

Gale

Archived