Glory 5/10/2008 Review

kinggartk

Booked this Cruise almost 11 months in advance and it was well worth the wait.

Carnival Glory is a beautiful ship and the staff was FANTASTIC. We arrived at the terminal around 11:00 and were eating lunch on the Lido by noon. I love the new gold sign & sail cards for past guests. Our travelling mates got the generic blue and white cards and were jealous.

Our room was ready by 1:30..we had Ocean view near the aft elevators on deck 2. Pretty good location, especially if you eat in the Platinum Dinning room.

Muster drill was pretty painless, but I was annoyed that the ship pulled away while we were still in the drill.

We explored the ship some before our Dinner (8:15 seating). We met our Room Steward on the way out to dinner. His name was Juste and he was playing a joke on my wife and pretending to be a Deaf Mute. He totally had her freaked out. Juste was from Haiti and was wonderful...we tipped him extra.

At dinner we met our Waiter (Imade from Indonesia) and asst waiter (Sugi from Indonesia) and they were Spectacular. They always remebered our names and what we like to order. I had Shrimp Cocktail and Warm Chocoalte Melting cake (very good) every night. They readily brought us second orders of appetizers, entres and desserts if we wanted them. One night our table mate ordered 5 appetizers and no entre, Imade took it in stride as if it was just an everyday occurance.

I have to say that Joseph the "Super charge" Maitre D was very annoying. He seemed Phony to me and I just did care for him.

Next day in Bahamas, DW did a Spa treatment in the Morning, then we went to Breakfast and then shopping for an hour or so in Nassau. Kind of interesting since I have never been there, but I have no desire to go back unless it is to stay at Atlantis. We were back on board by 1:00 for lunch and sail away. Then enjoyed Lido Deck activities for the rest of the evening before our 1st formal night. Lobster was very tasty, but just a little tough. I had two tails.

Next day was a Sea Day....enjoyed just relaxing and taking in the beauty of the Caribbean Sea. Captain Rassello told us we would be sailing over one of the deepest sections of ocean in the world later this evenning (Over 23,000 feet deep). Funny, I didn't even notice:o .

Next day we were in St. Thomas....Immigration was a little annoying, but we got through it. We Shopped a little and then met Dean, our tour guide, for the Jeep and Beach excursion. I drove the Jeep and driving on the left side of the road was an adventure to say the least. Drivers in St. Thomas are CRAZY. We had caravan of 7 Jeeps on this tour, with dean in the lead jeep. We kept in communication by Walkie Talkie. Dean told us to be "RUDE Drivers" if we wanted to survive here. We came though alive if not a little scared. This was a fun tour, we went to Sapphire Beach, Mountain Top, and another little beach near the University. We loved Sapphire beach, but the beach at the University left a lot to be desired.

Next day was St. Maarten....We enjoyed this Island much more than St. Thomas. The Island is Beautiful. We did a tour with Bernard's Tours. Bernard was great. We went to the Rima Store for some good deals on souvenirs, then stopped for some various Photo Opportunities before we landing at Oreint Beach. All I can say about Orient Beach is "alrighty then". Lots of folks who should just keep their clothes on (I mean ALL clothes, not just tops). Beach was beautiful otherwise. We visited Marigot and Phillipsburg for shopping before back to the ship.

Thursday was a Sea Day and we had 10 - 12 foot seas. Plenty of sick folks this day including Crew. My wife was sick most of the day also. Did not do much but just hang out.

Friday, another Sea day, seas were much calmer and we enjoyed another day of being lazy.

Debarkation on Saturday was Slow, fortunately we were not in a hurry, so we didn't mind too much.

Overall I rate this a 9.5 out of 10 as vacation go. I could have done without Joseph the Maitre D and Thursday seas were pretty bad. Mark Price the Crusie Director was awsome, I would love to sail with him again. Captain Rassello was nice and the ship was very clean. I will definitely sail the Glory again.

Glad you enjoyed the Glory, we went on the Eastern Route in 2006, and this Oct, we are doing the western. I really love the glory.

We had some bad seas one day as well going eastern, alot of sea sick people, but I took my bodine and my ginger pills and I was good to go.

Happy cruising

This was my first cruise and I loved it, I learned a lot and will do a few things different on the next one, like more body massages, more visits to the supper club, and will research the areas we visit more. ;) I also remember to use more sunblock, smuggle on more water, more water slide and try to catch more of the on board shows.

In Nassau we went to the Atlantis Resort, while we couldn't get out to the beaches, the aquarium was awesome!!

St. Thomas was great, we went to Paradise Point and caught their first (supposabily) show, which at first I thought it was going to be lame but turned out to be very entertaining!!

St. Maarten was okay, we got a late start, but caught a water taxi across the bay and had real Conch Fritters and Mahi sandwich and few beers and bought some really cheap Stoli's.

Loved the way the ship was kept very clean, and all the crew were very nice.

Archived