Just off the Star

jeanscruise

Another thing I did not like about the Star was the Gym hours. Being a morning person I like to exercise early. I found the gym to open at six on some mornings and on others to be at seven or later.

Oh, I forgot about this one, but my husband (another morning person) did mention it.

Thanks for your review. We are going on the Star to Mexico in October.

Appreciate the tip about the omlette station location change.

Have generally found that Princess internet service is poor on the last day of a cruise, wonder if the ship is tieing up the system transmitting data to the home office. Had a similar situation on the Royal Princess last fall on a Med cruise. Service was good most days when the ship was in port except for the last day, when the system was down completely?? There seems to be a pattern here.

The train ride we took was a 3.5 hour tour on White Pass train. We booked it ourselves through Chilhoot Tours. They met us at the pier and brought us to the train. The train ride was very good with great views. The train ride ended in Fraser,B.C. and then we took the bus ride back with a very knowledgable driver for a guide. We had plenty of time to go through Skagway and do some shopping. Remember to bring your passport or other ID for when you go through the borders.

Archived