Half Moon Cay Cabanas--color coding?

BAYA

Any cabana is better than no cabana at all.

Thanks so much to twinkletoes and everyone else who offered advice and answers to my questions. Since Mom and I are both prone to basal cell carcinomas:( , getting a cabana that actually provides shade is very important! I am surprised that only the turquoise ones are actually shady? Can't recall who posted that tidbit. Can you believe for Feb. 09 cruise the turquoise are already wait-listed??

Cheers.

Thanks so much to twinkletoes and everyone else who offered advice and answers to my questions. Since Mom and I are both prone to basal cell carcinomas:( , getting a cabana that actually provides shade is very important! I am surprised that only the turquoise ones are actually shady? Can't recall who posted that tidbit. Can you believe for Feb. 09 cruise the turquoise are already wait-listed??

Cheers.

I'm glad I could help. I know the turquoise cabana offers shade pretty much the entire time, but I am not sure about all the others. We were looking for shade, which is why we booked the turquoise cabana.

For our Jan. 09 cruise, all but one cabana is already booked. The CC group booked 9 or 10 of them...but the others went just as fast. Even the Grand Cabana is booked!

If you enlarge these pictures, some of the cabanas look like they might have partial shade. We didn't walk too far beyond our cabana, so we didn't get a good look at the others.

http://static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

Baya: We hadf a cabana this past December and we LOVED it. It was so pleasant and relaxing to have one. The butler is a nice bonus too. Cabanas # 4,5, & 8 have some shade also. I don't think that any further would be good since your mother uses a walker. Just my two cents. Hope you have a great cruise!!!

...Cabanas # 4,5, & 8 have some shade also. I don't think that any further would be good since your mother uses a walker. Just my two cents. Hope you have a great cruise!!!

Thanks, Nedra!

• 1 month later...

I had a cabana on my last cruise. Me and my 2 girls. The butler service was great. I felt like a Queen for the day. They did everything in their power to make us happy. They carried our mats to the water and retreived them when the kids came out. When I wanted to rest I told the kids they had to come out of the water since I would have my eyes closed. Our butler graciously offered to keep an eye on them while I slept. When I woke up, the kids and our butler were in the water feeding the fish. It is amazing the pretty things that can be made with straw wrappers :) . The food was amazing and a lot more than I could eat, and I am not shy around food. The butlers were very unobtrusive. I never felt like I was being watched or they were in the way. The kids really enjoyed themselves and now want butler service everytime we go to HMC.

If Butler service is in affordable for you I say go for it.

Archived