Has Anyone Bought Prepaid Cabo Vouchers

Jfultz81

I was checking out different tours online and on Loscabosguide.com, they sell prepaid vouchers (like gift certificates I guess) for various restaurants and activities for 35% off. So, if you want to spend $100, they'll sell you the $100 voucher for $65. Just curious if this is for real or a gimmick.

It's for real! I have been using them for years with no problems at all. We just returned from 10 days in Cabo and used the vouchers at many places. They are an especially great deal since they are 100% refundable if you do not use them

If you go over to tripadvisor.com and the Cabo forum there, you will find that many of regulars use them all the time. Have fun!

One thing that is important to know is that you do not get change back from the vouchers (my understanding). Vouchers come in multiple denominations.

Figure out what you may spend. If you think you may spend $40 at a restaurant, then get that amount in $10 increments (if possible). If you have a hundred dollar voucher and only a 75 dollar tab, you will either leave $25 on the table or else end up having a couple more margaritas. These vouchers are very popular and they don't always have what you want. Just keep checking back to see what they have in stock.

I just call Gerry at the San Diego office and she sends them to me before we leave. The office in Cabo is quite a ways out of town. She always sends us several denominations all the way down to $5.

I have already starting purchasing them for our October trip as the popular ones sell out fast!:)

Are you only going to be there for the day on a cruise stop?

Which ones are you looking to buy?

We buy between $600- $1200 worth at a time for our 10-14 day stays. I usually start accumulating them about 4-5 months before we leave.

We'll be there on the Mariner and again on the Radiance. I'm thinking of getting one for Baja Bora and maybe a restaurant or two. We haven't decided what to do the second time around. Any suggestions as to the best ones to get (places to eat, go, or tour with)?

We bought a prepaid voucher for a snorkeling trip last year. Unfortunately, our ship was late in arriving at Cabo. As our tender was approaching the dock, I could see the catamaran that was to take us snorkeling pulling away from their pier. We missed the trip by five minutes. It was no problem getting a refund back on our unused vouchers. I called them here locally in San Diego, sent the vouchers back in the mail and within two days they credited back my Visa card. It's safe and a very reliable company.

Bob

Hi Househunter,

Do you have any ideals you would like to share about what to do in Cabo? Our ship will be in port one day and there are some of us who just can't figure out what to do. I see you spent ten days there and wondering if you had any ideals of what to do or see:confused:

We spend between 10-24 days a year in Cabo. If you haven't been there before I would recommend grabbing a water taxi right when you get off the tender pier to take you out to the arch and the surrounding area. Should be about $10/pp for about a half hour tour. Agree on a price before you get in the boat.

Then you could have the water taxi take you to Medano beach for a while. That is the main swimmable beach where all of the resorts and beach bars are. All of the beach bars have lounge chairs that you can use. You could swim a little and have a few drinks or even lunch.

Then I would take a regular cab ($10 total) to the mall which is located right in the center of the town and marina area. From there you could slowly make your way back to the tender pier either walking around the marina or through the streets. That way you can see a little of the town as well. There are tons of shops and restaurants along the way that you could stop at. It would only be about a 15 minute walk from the mall back to the tender pier directly along the marina walk, a little longer through town. You would have plenty of time to stop here and there as you go.

Hope this helps!:)

Hi Househunter,

Thanks you soooo much for the info, I just read your post to my DH and he agreed with me that your advice sounds great! We will be in port 7:AM -4:PM, do you happen to know if things are open early or should we hang out on the ship a bit in the morning(like I would be anywhere that early on vacation, but my DH would:eek: ) Also any good suggestions for lunch, we love seafood or Mexican.:)

The water taxi drivers will be there early waiting for you and all the beach bars serve breakfast so they will be open. Most of the shops in town open at around 10 but many open early when the ships are in. You will be fine!

For authentic Mexican we love Panchos which is very close to the tender pier, probably about a 10 minute walk. Another favorite is Solomon's Landing which is right on the marina in front of the Tesoro resort which will be the huge resort along the marina as you walk into town. Great spot for people watching and super close to the tender pier. Lots of fresh seafood and some Mexican too. We go there several times every trip and we ate at Panchos twice this last time. You can't go wrong with either.

Archived