Birthday party for kid on Princess?

Luxuriate

My son will be turning 4 years-old the first day of the cruise. I have put his birthday down as a "special occasion" on the Princess Website but I am still wondering if any of you have experienced a kid having a birthday on Princess?

I'm sure if I tell the Kid's Club people about his birthday they will do something but do any of you remember how your kids were treated on their "special day." I think this may be the first time my son actually can comprehend that he is having a birthday that is "all about him". Since his birthday is actually the first day of the cruise I was wondering if they would do any special celebration on the second day. What do you think?

Thanks,

Cheryl

On our cruise last year, my son actually turned 8 two days before, so I put his birthday in the Cruise Personalizer. On the day that we chose, they had decorated our door with balloons and we got a coupon for a cake in the dining room. We had anytime dining, I believe that if you have traditional dining they just bring it out to you during dinner. I don't remember the kids camp doing anything for him, but since your son turns 4 on the first day of the cruise (I am assuming you mean the day of embarkment) the camp won't officially be open yet, but I don't see why you can't ask them about it for a later day.

my son had his 9th bday on cruise last fall. I decorated the inside of the cabin his bed. I printed a sign from home and posted it on outside of door. I went to the dining room a few minutes ahead of everyone and with the help of the waiters decorated our table with confetti, balloons, signs, streamers etc. He was so surprised when he walked in... I even made an iron on bday sign for a tshirt and gave it to him to wear to the beach that day, everyone stopped him to say Happy Birthday. It was great fun and he loved it all.. Just be creative and bring all the supplies from home( hide them in suitcase) dont forget scotch tape..

Have Fun!!!!!!

Princess will normally put balloons at your door. It is amazong how many rooms with balloons you will see. They keep them up for the duration. I am unsure about the cake, I know Carnival does one for free and Royal Caribbean charges.

I am unsure about the cake, I know Carnival does one for free and Royal Caribbean charges.

Carnival charged me for DD's cake last summer... only $9 for a cake that easily fed 8 of us, but still. Carnival also charges for room decorations (I admit I skipped that).

Archived