Excursions/Independent operators for Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Sitka

albyman32

So we're doin the Carnival Spirit Northbound in late June. I know what I want to do for Juneau and Skagway but am looking for recommendations on independent operators for those excursions. We want to do the Mendenhall glacier helicopter/dogsledding for Juneau and in Skagway we want to do the White Pass and Yukon stuff.

As for Ketchikan and Sitka I'm open to suggestions on both what to do as well as independent operators.

Thanks in advance.

In Ketchikan there a some nice options there. Misty Fjord or many other flight

seeing. On a budget there the Lumber jackshow and the totem poles parks.

Plus do make plans to go to creek street.

In Sitka the Raptor center and the russian dancers. There serveral wildlife

tours which are very good.

I think you all might be on the same ship as we. What is your sail date?

My sail date is indeed June 18th.

Uh... just realized that the dog sledding in Juneau is $500 per so I'm gonna have to scratch that unless someone can suggest an independent operator that is drastically cheaper. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions for Juneau as well too.

Uh... just realized that the dog sledding in Juneau is $500 per so I'm gonna have to scratch that unless someone can suggest an independent operator that is drastically cheaper. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions for Juneau as well too.

We're leaving Sunday for Alaska, starting in Fairbanks 6 days to Seward by way of Denali, Talkeetna, Anchorage. Then boarding the Millie for 7 nts. Juneau is our 2nd stop and we are doing the Adventure Bound trip on the Captain Cook up the Tracy Arm to the Sawyer Glaciers. It's an all day trip that comes highly recommended. Google it and check it out, it sounds pretty amazing.

We're leaving Sunday for Alaska, starting in Fairbanks 6 days to Seward by way of Denali, Talkeetna, Anchorage. Then boarding the Millie for 7 nts. Juneau is our 2nd stop and we are doing the Adventure Bound trip on the Captain Cook up the Tracy Arm to the Sawyer Glaciers. It's an all day trip that comes highly recommended. Google it and check it out, it sounds pretty amazing.

I googled it and it appears the tour leaves at 8AM but the Spirit doesn't get in until 9. I assume your boat gets in earlier?

I googled it and it appears the tour leaves at 8AM but the Spirit doesn't get in until 9. I assume your boat gets in earlier?

Yes, we are on their second boat that leaves at 9am and the Millie gets in at 8am. That's too bad, sorry!

Glacier dog sledding isn't cheap, but the lowest cost is usually with Coastal.

Chilkoot Charters offers various White Pass and RR combo tour options.

You need to determine FIRST, what tours you are interested in, in the other ports, then find an independent vendor. They are all specific, since I never recommend any middle man booking agents- only direct with the vendor.

The black bear excursions for Ketchikan are all sold out. Can anyone recommend an independent operator? Also, I'm interested in the sea otter excursions in Sitka. Whats a good option for that one?

The bear tours aren't sold out, you are there too early, if your end of June reference is accurate?? An independent boat tour out of Sitka is superior, listings http://www.sitka.org

The bear tours aren't sold out, you are there too early, if your end of June reference is accurate?? An independent boat tour out of Sitka is superior, listings www.sitka.org

Theres a lot of boat tour operators on the page linked below which I found at the website you listed. Is there a particular operator or tour that you or anyone else would suggest as being the best option?

http://www.sitka.org/tours.html#Wildlife

Archived