Question about Silja line

love vacations

We are booked on the two day mini cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki and back. I could not find any information on their website about tipping. Is this like a regular cruise where you tip your cabin steward at the end or do we even have a cabin steward? We are eating the buffet one night and are not sure what we are eating on the other night. Do you tip the waitstaff? Bartenders? How much?

Thanks,

Anita

It's been awhile since I've sailed on Silja Line but my experience with Silja and other ferry lines is that you never see the cabin steward and you don't have to do any tipping. Silja ships are flagged in Finland or Estonia and personnel make living wages.

You don't tip the restaurant wait staff. Prices in Scandinavia as in much of Europe includes "service" in the posted price. As for bartenders, I usually have added tips even though the price included service because I'm always hoping for stiffer subsequent drinks! :rolleyes:

There's a lot of information about Silja Line at: http://www.siljaweb.com

Most of it is trivia but it can be interesting.

BobK/Orlando

Archived