Beach Info?

GeniRich

I'm interested as well. I'm on the Explorer next February and we get in at 3 pm. I've looked at a map and there appears to be a public beach on the northeast side of the Old Town area. Would that be a good destination for someone alone? I know I will want to get off the ship after 2 1/2 days, but I've walked Old Town, been to the rain forest twice, been to one of the forts and have no interest in the rum distillery.

Ok - Beaches in/near OSJ:

Balneario Escambron:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/2007/04/08/escambron-beach-catch-some-sun-in-san-juan/

Nice little beach, not far from cruise pier. It has facilities (lifeguard, bathrooms, food etc). Probably about a $10 taxi ride each way. Get the taxi drivers number so you can call for a pick-up.

The beach is fine for someone alone, but I would not stay around the area alone after dark. Balnearios close at about 5pm.

The beach behind any of the hotels in Isla Verde- go to the Intercontinental or EL San Juan hotel.

Nice beach, you won't be able to use the hotel chairs, but if you get something to eat at the hotel beach restaurant, you can use the bathrooms etc.

This beach has a company that offers water sport rentals- like sailboats and banana boats and para sailing.

About a $19 taxi ride each way.

For something new in SJ- see if your cruise offers a zipline tour. Or if you haven't done it yet,do a BioBay tour - Fantastic! . Or we have a Segway tour in OSJ now available. That was a blast!

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/#cruise-ship

Archived