Deck 7 = Is the extra cost worth the difference?

2kiwis

My understanding that the only differences between staterooms on Deck 7 from those on Deck 6 is as follows:

Deck 7 has

1. A fridge

2. A smarter alarm clock

3. An Oceania carry bag

4. Early embarkation time

5. DVD player

6. ???? (Have I missed anything)

If this is the case is it worth the considerable amount extra it costs for this deck?

As the rooms are identical in all other aspects, perhaps an additional incentive would be the ability to order room service from all of the restaurants on board, as I believe can be done on Deck 8.:)

Cheers

My understanding that the only differences between staterooms on Deck 7 from those on Deck 6 is as follows:

Deck 7 has

1. A fridge

2. A smarter alarm clock

3. An Oceania carry bag

4. Early embarkation time

5. DVD player

If this is the case is it worth the considerable amount extra it costs for this deck?

As the rooms are identical in all other aspects, perhaps an additional incentive would be the ability to order room service from all of the restaurants on board, as I believe can be done on Deck 8.:)

Cheers

Hi Wendy;

We have not found that Deck 7 is worth the extra cost. We prefer 6 mainly because Jim gets a frig on 7 instead of 3 drawers and that doesn't please him. You cannot order from the restaurants on Deck 7, only on Deck 8, which we keep trying to get on but have had no luck so far.

Cheers

Diana

Deck 7 has

1. A fridge Yep

2. A smarter alarm clock I've been on 7 and 4 and didn't notice a difference -- must be subtle

3. An Oceania carry bag Yep

4. Early embarkation time Well, sorta -- we did have earlier embarkation in Miami (others were waiting), but when we were on deck 4 in Barcelona, we waltzed on at Noon. Even in Miami the others got on around 1 PM, didn't have to wait 'til 3 PM.

5. DVD player Used to be -- apparently now all cabins have them

Cashmere lap throw (not to keep), garment pressing (2 per person), free bottle of champagne which may be exchanged for a bottle of wine (their choice), and a guarantee of 2 reservations in each of 2 specialty restaurants -- deck 6 and below are only guaranteed 1 each. However, in my experience, anyone can have as many reservations as they want by being flexible and sharing with others.

I really want to have a cold Diet Pepsi as soon as I wake up -- no waiting for ice and room service does not have Pepsi even if I wanted to wait for it -- (everyone has their quirks), so for me, the fridge is almost a necessity. I went without a fridge when we were on deck 4. I tried putting a can of soda in the ice bucket at night, but it was never cold enough in the morning.

Pon- there was recently a long thread about this. As O has upgraded rooms, allows early boarding to everyone, gives refrigerators to those who ask, and usually has extra nights in the restaurants available to everyone, about the only thing you get for the extra money is the cotton tote bag.

We took deck 7 because the ph's, suite, and deck 6 were all full, and we wanted a balcony.

Another thread asked the great question, "what else could O do to make the extra charges for deck 7 'worth it'. A free stocked bar, which other lines include in their suites, was my choice.

I really want to have a cold Diet Pepsi as soon as I wake up -- no waiting for ice and room service does not have Pepsi even if I wanted to wait for it -- (everyone has their quirks), so for me, the fridge is almost a necessity. I went without a fridge when we were on deck 4. I tried putting a can of soda in the ice bucket at night, but it was never cold enough in the morning.

My husband has the exact same "need" in the morning. We take a soft foldable ice chest with us and keep it on the deck. It holds many Pepsi's, beer, and wine. One of the first things we ask our room steward is to keep that ice chest filled and they have always been good about it. Works great!

Archived