Could You Compare NCL and RCCL Please ?

fifty

I agree about the casual anytime dining-but cabins on NCL EXCEPT the Garden Villas and up are much smaller from the BA's or BB's to the AA's or AF's...they are MUCH smaller than the Freedom D1's,E1'S,JS or GS suites..yes,NCL is less $$,but I think it should be....we were in a Mini Suite on the Dawn and it was only 245 SQ ft plus a small balcony...even The Mariner Of The Seas Jr Suites are 299 + 65 balcony.....BTW,we thought the Freedom

was MUCH more elegant then both the Dawn or the Sun,but we still had a great time....as for the ports,after 20 cruises,not much is left to see-but I do think NCL has better ports of call than RCI,we only get off at St .Thomas,St.Maarten,Tortola,Grand Cayman,and sometimes Cozumel....

Big Al

Big Al you are definitely more experienced with cruises than I am but...

I have to respectfully disagree about the suites. We've been in the grand suite and junior suite on RCI and both can't compare to the owner's suite on NCL...more living space, bigger balcony (two of them with an OS I might add!) and a list of perks unheard of on RCI. Keep in mind we've only done one NCL cruise so I'm certainly no expert. But that one cruise was just about perfect in our book so my opinion of NCL is rather high at this point.

You are right, however, as I stated in my last post I have never experienced the Freedom ships. I am sure they are elegant and fabulous, complete with all the bells and whistles unmatched by any other cruise line. They are just not what we are looking for at this stage in our lives. That said, I would certainly book RCI in the future if the price and itinerary were right. I loved the Brilliance - just the right size for us - and yes, Chops and Portofino were excellent. The Gem, however, suited us perfectly (cabin, dining, itinerary, price) so it will be hard to top that experience in the future.

Happy Cruising Big Al and everyone else!

First-It was NOT an amateur ice show,and it iS NOT a mall..it's a promenade and if you weren't impressed by it,you're the first....AND the hot tub WAS cooler than any (including NCL) that I've been in....Food was not great in the dining room,but neither was NCL's-it's their alternative venues that were good....AND RCI's Chops & Portifinos are wonderful.....We thought the FOS was by FAR the most beautiful ship we've ever been on,and we've done 20 cruises on all but Costa.RCI costs more because their ships cost more...Neither the Sun nor the Dawn came close to it,though we loved them both despite the small,cramped cabins.....

Freedom was a beautiful ship and the promenade was nice. OK, I saw it once - now what. I will not pay 50% extra just to be on RCL. RCL sells their ships as the destination and many people are willing to pay extra for this. Bigger is not better. Embarkation and Debarkation were a nightmare. There were hundreds of people who missed their flights home.

Archived