Carnival Victory - where's the best

Deb1113

place for a sailaway drink on a cruise to Canada? Being able to see the statue of Liberty is obviously important. I went last year, but can't remember. Thanks.

If the weather is nice, you can't beat the view from the (not-so) "secret" deck up at the bow. Just go through the doors at the very end of the hallway on either Empress Deck or Upper Deck (the very front of the ship).

This is not off limits to passengers. It's just not very well documented. There will definitely be others there. Just BYOB, and you'll be all set.

I like going up as high as possible to sail under the Verazzano-Narrows Bridge. However, with an aft wrap balcony booked for our August cruise, I'll be on my balcony this time.:D For the Statue of Liberty, you'll want the starboard side.

If anyone can give me the specific name of a lounge that I can post on my rollcall thread, I'd appreciate it. Just saying "starboard" isn't enough. Thanks.

Have you looked at the deck plans on the Carnival site? You get an idea of where the bars are in relation to windows or decks. The specific lounge names are there as well.

If anyone can give me the specific name of a lounge that I can post on my rollcall thread, I'd appreciate it. Just saying "starboard" isn't enough. Thanks.

If you want a view for sailaway, a lounge really isn't going to work for you. They're all enclosed and there's very little view. Maybe the Promenade deck starboard side would work, but I'm not sure whether any of the bars on Promenade deck are open at that time. An alternative would be the Lobby bar on deck 3, since you can walk out to the deck on the starboard side.

I've generally done roll call get-togethers before boat drill at the aft Lido deck bar - Siren's bar on Victory (port side, but you're not underway at that time anyway). Another possibility is to let everyone get their own drinks, then meet on one of the upper decks for sailaway - maybe deck 10 aft, above the aft Lido pool area.

Last summer when we went out of NYC on the Miracle (same route as the Victory just outside the bridge) we were on Deck 10. It was fantastic. We went from one side to the see the Statue of Liberty to the other side to see the QM2 coming out of the Brooklyn port to follow us out. There is nothing like going out of NYC!!!!:D

Archived