P1, P2 and P3 QM2

moffist

Ok I'm guessing there is a difference between the 3 Princess suites? Is it just the size? We were on Panama/Caribbean March 24th cruise in a P3 but in a P2 for the October Tandem crossing with QE2. Will I notice any difference?

Jayne

Ok I'm guessing there is a difference between the 3 Princess suites? Is it just the size? We were on Panama/Caribbean March 24th cruise in a P3 but in a P2 for the October Tandem crossing with QE2. Will I notice any difference?

Jayne

Hi Jayne,

Is it hot there? We are going into the nineties today! And humid--yuk!

I just looked up the Princess suites on Cunard and it says that the Princess Suites, P1-P3, are all 381 square feet. So, my guess would be that the difference would be just where the suites are located--forward, midway, or aft. You had quite a nice location last time though. Of course that is only a guess. Maybe there is someone that really knows.

Lynn is off tomorrow. Lucky Lynn.

Gail

I just looked up the Princess suites on Cunard and it says that the Princess Suites, P1-P3, are all 381 square feet. So, my guess would be that the difference would be just where the suites are located--forward, midway, or aft. Of course that is only a guess. Maybe there is someone that really knows.

Spot on. Take a gold star.

Because QM2 is a cookie cutter, all cabins are the same. The better grades are on higher decks, or more central. This seems to work from about D8 to Q5. Then size takes over as the factor that matters.

All of the PG cabins in the QM2 are the same size; the P3s are fore or aft on Deck 10, the P1s are midships (and the QM2 has a very long mid-section). We've been in 10051 (a P1 near the B Stairs, starboard side) and in 10008 (a P3 near the A Stairs, port side).

Here are photos of 10008. I also took lots of photos of the stairs.

Hi Gail et al.

Yes we were in 10007 (forward) last trip must have been opposite 10008 (thanks for the photos). This time we will be as far aft as we were forward. Last time P3 and this time P2. I saw the cabins were the same sq footage. Surely with a price difference there is something different?

Gail it is 88 here and very humid!!! I have this weekend off (hooray!!!). Have you and Rick decided on your next QM2 adventure. We would love the Christmas 2009 but the price is too high for us. We are looking at maybe the Labor Day getaway 2009.

Thank you all for your replies!!!

Jayne

Hi Gail et al.

Yes we were in 10007 (forward) last trip must have been opposite 10008 (thanks for the photos). This time we will be as far aft as we were forward. Last time P3 and this time P2. I saw the cabins were the same sq footage. Surely with a price difference there is something different?

Gail it is 88 here and very humid!!! I have this weekend off (hooray!!!). Have you and Rick decided on your next QM2 adventure. We would love the Christmas 2009 but the price is too high for us. We are looking at maybe the Labor Day getaway 2009. Thank you all for your replies!!! Jayne

Hi Gail & Jayne,

First, I sent you both an email (photos) of the 6/8 sailing of the QM2 that Lynn left on. She had a hot and steamy day to depart on. I know we wish her well and wish we were onboard with her now.

Jayne, sounds like you will be experiencing a totally different view from the QM2 this time, from the rear (aft). Our first cruise on the Mary was on the starboard side, towards the rear and had no problem. We really didn't focus on the room but on that trip, to learn and experience the Mary itself. From the last cruise, I know you have a game plan of what you both are going to do this time.

I know that Gail has mentioned about the Christmas 2009 cruise and we prefer remaining at home for the Holiday. Also, I know you maybe interested in the Labor Day 2009 4 day cruise which is a short type one really known as a Party Cruise.

Bev is somewhat interested in the 4th of July one in 09 that is one day longer than yours with 2 days at sea and two ports of call visiting. Yours only one port of call with 2 days at sea. We have done the 4th in the past twice and found it interesting especially with celebrating it in Boston and the Fireworks. Halifax is also a very nice port to visit and historical.

We'll eventually let you both know when we make a decision if we decide to book it. I'm not sure if we would also go by another line that year as we had in the past when the Cunard calendar did not interest us with their offerings.

Gail...Say Hi to Rick......Jayne....Say Hi to Ian.

Archived