Booking another Cruise While On-board

jeremybe

Hi -

My parents are leaving on an NCL cruise to Bermuda tomorrow from NY - MY wife and I are looking to book the Dawn to Bermuda this coming August - Is there any value or is it even possible for my parents to book the cruise for us on the ship while they're cruising? Isn't there some kind of bonus and best price offer on board?

Thanks!

There are no advantages to booking while on board. However, one can purchase a Cruise Rewards Credit for $250. You will recieve a $100 OBC and the Cruise Rewards can be used as a full deposit for a future cruise. Instead of paying $100 to $400pp for a deposit, the $250 Cruise Rewards will hold your cabin.

LINK! http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CruiseRewards

You "could" book it, but the representative will let your parents know it is better to do it once they get home. Gives you/them the chance to shop around for a better price.

coka

You "could" book it, but the representative will let your parents know it is better to do it once they get home. Gives you/them the chance to shop around for a better price.

coka

I'm not sure that the cruise reward is transferable.

They are transferable for a fee. Maybe your parents could see about purchasing in your name? I had considered buying more than one and that is OK but you can only use one per cabin.

I was disappointed that the most the cruise consultant could offer for a deal on your next booking is what amounts to $100 discount. :(

I've been told that there is no transfer fee. When we were on the Dawn, I was told there was a $50 transfer fee. One of these statements is correct :) .

Since you have 12 months to book and 18 months to travel, you have plenty of time to find a good price, somewhere.

Once one of these bad boys starts burning a hole in your pocket, finding a great price become a priority.

They are transferable for a fee. Maybe your parents could see about purchasing in your name? I had considered buying more than one and that is OK but you can only use one per cabin.

I was disappointed that the most the cruise consultant could offer for a deal on your next booking is what amounts to $100 discount. :(

Actually you can save way more than $100 off your deposit.

When I booked our next cruise-or rather our next two cruises, I used cruise certificates. The deposit was $250 total, instead of $800 total. I bought two on our Dawn cruise, getting $200 OBC for that cruise. Since MS Belp and myself had separate accounts, she could have purchased one or more, herself though we were in the same cabin.

I think they said you could buy up to 4 of the certificates but you can only use one per cabin on your next cruise. When I booked my cruise online last year the TA had no provisions to use cert for deposit so I ended up using it as a payment on my cruise instead. I asked if I could use one as the deposit and another as part of my final payment and was told "no".

Archived