Spirit October 22 Grenada

Curious Jan

I wanted to express my opinion and please don't be offended. I will be on the October 22nd cruise and it will be my first NCL. I was very excited about going to St Vincent and was disappointed by the change back to Grenada. I feel it was a mistake for NCL to mention St Vincent if it was not definite. Enough said about that! Now it seems we are going to Grenada and a lot of
cruisers are really upset. I have heard some say they will not get off the ship and others who are actually considering cancelling their cruise. I can't personally imagine letting one port stop me from going on a nine day cruise.
I want to make the best of it, so my husband and I started looking into possible excursions. We had read on the excursion sight about Mandoo Tours.
They were praised before Ivan hit. So we e-mailed him and ask what was now available for a tour and if he was still running tours. He wrote back and
it was very sad. He said he lost absolutely everything but was back up and running. He explained what he could show us and explained that the spice plantations are already growing back. If anyone would like to read this e-mail I would be glad to forward it to anyone. I think my husband and I will take his tour. It will be a couple hours out of our vacation but it will possibly help someone put food on their table. Now I may be exagerating I don't know but the worse that can happen I will get some pictures of how bad Ivan hit and I will see rain forest, and water falls. It will be money well spent. I know this isn't everyones opinion and that's ok but we helped people in our country
when the floods hit why is it so hard to help another country even if it is our
vacation. It is certainly no vacation for them.
Thanks for listening to one persons opinion.
Jan

There's are beautiful waterfalls there and a dormant volcano (Lake in a crater) that I'm sure was not affected.

This is one of the few places that is beautiful to even walk around the docks.

I've seen pictures and they are horrible, but I'm sure the people are working very hard to clean these areas first and get the tourism dollars going.

Mandoo, also wrote me saying he will be giving tours soon as soon as he can get reorganized.

Archived