C.C.P.I.C.S. - Class 01 - Introduce Yourself

pierces

You couldn't possibly be lazier than me.

I live on a Caribbean island, if that tells you anything. :)

I take 98% of my pics on that very same green AUTO setting.

Take the Panasonic back from your brother,

stick it on Auto, and continue with your life!

THE basics of good photography are

Lighting (and 'Angle')

Composition(Rule of Thirds)

Once you got that stuff down pat

you can use a RinkyDink modelABC123

and get decent results.

This is Farmer's Pltn. 'lake' in central Barbados, where I live..

Farmer_s_Lake-29.jpg

Hey Aplmac, which parish is this "lake" located in?? :confused: I'm originally from Barbados and am not aware of any "lakes" there. Meanwhile, I've enjoyed many of your photos that you've posted in the different threads.

Great photo, by the way.

Regards.

With a recent trip to Salt Lake City our group went to Snowbird for dinner and I took time to shoot some pictures. This one show me in two ways, a little over exposed and a little underexposed, but I like this shot.

moutainview1.jpg

Shot via:

Nikon D50

Focal Length 42 mm

Exposed F5.6 @ 1/160 in Aperture Priority

E.C. +1/3

ASA/ISO 400

Enjoy

Participating in this group would be very satisfying to me and I would have to exercise some creativity...I am a little short on time these days but, since I'm planning to learn to use Picaca anyway and since I enjoy solving creative-thinking exercises like this first one, I'll move it high on my priority list.

Just need to get my mind directed toward the "Introduce Yourself" photo. That's a difficult one because I am interested in many things but no one physical thing defines me, that I can think of...I'll give it some thought.

Thanks for having this group.

Hi everyone,

This one is titled "My view of the world this morning as I try to figure out my new camera!"

I have a lot to learn and I'm so glad I found this group. I joined Picasa Web(something I always wanted to do) and learned how to post a picture. Wow! I'm really excited and want become a better photographer. I really don't know how to post the details of this picture, but my new camera is a Canon ds870. I viewed alot of threads before I picked this one. My old Kodak Easyshare was so much bigger. With the airline weight restrictions....I wanted to downsize....good excuse for getting a new camera.:rolleyes:

IMG_0027.JPG?imgmax=640

As I clear my schedule to make time for this course, I am starting to get ideas for my "Introduce Yourself" photo...

What size is it we should be posting? How do we determine that?

When you upload you file to the sharing site of your choice, the "link this photo" instructions will contain choices for size. If you have uploaded a reduced copy, that will be the largest you can link. If you uploaded a full-size image, be careful you don't link the full-size image as it will take forever to load and be difficult to view.

Instructions for setting up a PicasaWeb sharing account (if you don't already have an online account) are in the link at the beginning of this thread.

Have fun!

Dave

Great!

It sounds like when I have a chance to review Picasa many of my questions will be resolved. I participated in a group on Flickr for awhile and changing size, etc was self-explanatory on that site and I'm getting the idea that Picasa takes care of much of this, as well.

Still developing my "Introduce Yourself" photo. Just thinking about it is revealing alot about "me"...This week-end I should have time to bring it all together.

I was fortunate to be able to take today off to engage in one of my passions. During the day, I kept trying to think of a picture to introduce myself. Returning home, I noticed the paraphernalia I had piled on my desk. Bingo! The wonders of technology still tie me to the office. It is front and center. However, I will soon have more time for my passions, which are, in addition to aviation, my family, outdoor cooking, cruising, and, well, photographing all of the above. Retirement is 50 days away, but who is counting.

The picture was taken with a Canon 30D, internal flash bounced off a white card, 1/60 sec. at f5.6. The lens is the Canon EF-s 17-85 mm 1.4 to 5.6.

whoIam.jpg

I'm having trouble using Picasa for WebAlbums as I receive a message indicating that AOL is a problem...I tried to minimize AOL and use Internet Explorer but it didn't work. I am starting to use Picasa to organize my photos and I really like it.

I'll have to find another way to upload though...

I have my "Introduce Yourself" photo ready to upload. Now I need to figure out how to do that. Since AOL seems determined to block my ability to do it with Picasa, I'll explore other means...Hopefully, I'll be loading my photo soon.

I have a url that should lead to the photo but I haven't figured out how to load an open photo.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2661865576_429f110e56_b.jpg

I wish this BB allowed us to edit our posts for a longer period of time. I apologize that I keep adding new messages, instead of just editing one until I can load my photo.

So, I tried the url and it seems to work. I'll keep trying to add the open photo.

This photo is to introduce myself to you. I am always interested in learning new things and always trying to do to much at one time. I work full time as a Cardiology Research Nurse so taking on alot of subjects at one time is somewhat impractical. Grady (the little graduate bear sitting on top of the books) has been my companion as I obtained various college degrees, so he always supervises my academic adventures. The subjects in the photo are my current projects. I am making good progress with French and have stayed with it for over 5 years. I studied with L'Alliance Francaise in NY (after 3 years of high school French) and currently have a private teacher who says I "speak french". I do not hesitate to say the little I know in German (2 years in high school) or Spanish (learned on the job from my patients and medical courses) but French is different. Unless I believe I can say it properly with correct grammar and decent accent, I won't speak. It wasn't until this last trip when I could actually carry on a conversation with locals that I began to believe that I am actually starting to "speak French". I study Tai Chi three times a week and because of my interest in Tai Chi I have become interested in learning some Chinese. I used to play the flute quite well (can't anymore) and I have studied piano (a little) but would like to learn a little more. I'm always looking for travel opportunities with the current "craze" being cruising! There's always something coming along that I am interested in. Oh yes, I forgot to mention cooking. I have never cooked but I am now watching all the shows on the Food channel and starting to cook - vegetarian - because I just changed (about 5 months ago) to a vegetarian lifestyle. It's always something!

I have a url that should lead to the photo but I haven't figured out how to load an open photo.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2661865576_429f110e56_b.jpg

I wish this BB allowed us to edit our posts. I apologize that I keep adding new messages, instead of just editing one until I can load my photo.

You mean this one?

2661865576_429f110e56_b.jpg

Yes. How did you do that?

I went to the link for your picture and right clicked on your photo which will give you choices, highlight copy. Come back here, right click again but this time paste.:)

The disadvantage to this method is you can't resize if you would want.

Hello!

I sure hope this works! We take off camping most weekends here in New Mexico and on the way to one of my favorite places is through the Jemez Reservation. The red clay hills are beautiful and so that is what my picture is of. I love photography, scrapbooking (which I am going to try my first digital book this summer), camping, riding horses and just being outside! Well here goes....

987315779111_0_SM.jpg

Yea!!!! There it is! :D Rats! It's to Small.... I'll try again!

I made sure that the size was changed to a smaller document at 800x .... um why is it so small?

PICT0024.JPG

Two of my constant cruising companions (Singaporean travel bear and video camera) sit atop a marvelous cruise ship reference book among a few souvenirs from travels to various corners of the world - the other trusty travel mates are my Minolta Dimage X and of course my DH :D

Minolta Dimage X

Focal length 7.1 mm

Exposure time 0.027 s(1/37)

Aperture f/2.9

ISO 200

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went for composition in my pic, trying to introduce myself. Please forgive the lack of clarity. I love to read a wide variety of topics, travel, spend time with my dog(don't tell her I called her that!), and take pictures. I am new to all this, hopefully I can catch up to you guys. Don't get the wrong impression with the umbrella drink...on our last cruise I learned that a nice frothy drink on a hot day is a great way to relax. Sue

DSCF0911.jpg.9bc94e98852d648896dfd50a92c9db15.jpg

Archived