South Frigate or Cockelshell???

lillie51

Hi Jessie,

I hope you had a great cruise!

I am so glad you posted.I think my decision is made to try another beach.Was the whole beach rocky?Was it crowded?

What cruise ship did you go on?

Nancy

Nancy - I just got back from the Carnival Victory (Southern Caribbean). The beach was rocky and quite a bit of trash. I have no idea why they don't clean this up, especially in front of the reggae bar. It wasn't really crowded, it's a big beach but there were definitely people there). There aren't too many nice beaches in St. Kitts from what I read before I went, if you want to snorkel, this is the place apprarently. Wags67 is right, if you go farther down the beach it's nicer. Also, there a ladies there (by the reggae bar) offering massages that are REALLY pesty. They keep coming by offering you a free sample and then when they do they sucker you into more. They lady I was with started like this, and by the end of it they wanted to charge her $55 - she said she only had and gave them $20 but it was just really annoying to have them keep coming by. If you stay by the beach bar you will have to deal with this and also since it's so rocky you will definitely have to rent a chair. Go farther down the beach to get some peace and quiet! Also, if the ship has a sandwich shop (ours did) we had sandwiches made up the night before and took them with us to the port. Hope that helps! :)

Jessie

jessie073,

If we go "further down" the beach which way is this say from the reggae bar and is it less rocky so we could lay our towels down or would we still need to rent chairs?

Hi stunned...I'm not Jessie...but I can answer this question..

If you walk into the Raggae bar and grill (which most people entered just to look at) and walk out the front of it turn right and just start following the beachline...there are no rocks further down...the only chairs on the beach were in front on Raggae...you may ask them if you can take chairs further down...we just walked on the beach and played around...

Nancy - I just got back from the Carnival Victory (Southern Caribbean). The beach was rocky and quite a bit of trash. I have no idea why they don't clean this up, especially in front of the reggae bar. It wasn't really crowded, it's a big beach but there were definitely people there). There aren't too many nice beaches in St. Kitts from what I read before I went, if you want to snorkel, this is the place apprarently. Wags67 is right, if you go farther down the beach it's nicer. Also, there a ladies there (by the reggae bar) offering massages that are REALLY pesty. They keep coming by offering you a free sample and then when they do they sucker you into more. They lady I was with started like this, and by the end of it they wanted to charge her $55 - she said she only had and gave them $20 but it was just really annoying to have them keep coming by. If you stay by the beach bar you will have to deal with this and also since it's so rocky you will definitely have to rent a chair. Go farther down the beach to get some peace and quiet! Also, if the ship has a sandwich shop (ours did) we had sandwiches made up the night before and took them with us to the port. Hope that helps! :)

Jessie

Jessie

Could you give me some more info on your trip? We are traveling on this same itinerary on 1/11/09. I would love to hear more about it!!

Archived